Chapter 20

They had fallen asleep until Angelica woke up in the middle of the night. She looked around and waked Jack carefully up.
"Jack..." she whispered. "Jack, wake up... come on."
Finally he opened his eyes. "What?" he was still very tired and couldn't understand why Angelica was waking him up in the middle of the night.
"Do you smell that?" she asked.
"What?"
"I don't know... it smells like-"
"Smoke!" Jack finished her sentence.
Then he began to wake everyone up.
Angelica got up and shook the door again.
"Come on! Wake up, all of you!" Jack shouted. "It's burning!"
When everybody was awake, they tried to open the door again. But it didn't work.
"We are lost!" Scrum screamed.
"Calm down... we will find a way to get out." Philipp said.
"Really?! Then tell me how!"
"Stop! That doesn't help us now!" Thomas interrupted them.
"He is right." Gibbs said. "We need to get out of here as quick as possible, we don't need any arguing at the moment."
Angelica was walking up and down the room, she was thinking, but also very nervous.
It didn't took long until the first smoke came under the door into the room.
"The fire is very close, mates. We need a plan, now." Jack was very serious.
They screamed and hit the door, they tried to open it with everything they had, but nothing succeeded.

As more and more smoke entered the room, it became increasingly difficult to breathe.
They couldn't stand on their feet anymore.
Scrum, Philip and the little Thomas had already lost their consciousness. And also Gibbs was about to lose it. It didn't took long and it happened.
"Help..." Angelica gasped. Slowly she lost her consciousness too.
As Jack noticed it, he slipped on the floor towards her.
"Angelica... do not close your eyes, alright?" he said.
Angelica nodded a little bit, but it was hard for her to keep them open.
"I cannot breathe..." she whispered.
"I know... but stay strong." Jack whispered.
The others had already lost their consciousness, this was not allowed to happen to Angelica too.
She was laying motionless on the floor and was very weak. The fact that Barbossa tried to strangle her earlier did not help with that situation.
Jack could see very clear how much Angelica was fighting against the smoke and the weakness that passed her through.
For him it wasn't easy too, but he feared more about Angelica than about him, so he could stay with a halfway clear mind.
She coughed and gasped, but suddenly Jack noticed that it got less.
Slowly Angelica was closing her eyes. They were hard as lead.
"No Angelica!" Jack shouted and raised her head carefully. "Stay here please... I know it isn't easy, but try."
Angelica opened her eyes, but immediately they closed again.
"No no no... Listen..." Jack began. "Listen, I'll tell you something." he wanted to distract her, so she could stay awake.
"The jewels are waiting for us! We have to find them, so stay here! Do not close your eyes!"
But it didn't help anymore. Angelica was too weak and the smoke got too strong. She didn't open her eyes anymore.
Jack didn't know what to do. He felt so helpless, because he also didn't know what happened to her and the others.
Are they already dead? Or are they just unconscious?
"No no no no..." Jack tried everything until he himself got weaker and weaker and suddenly everything around him became black...

——————————————
Very dramatic😱
But I hope you liked ittt😊😘