Chapter 29

When Angelica emerged from the water, she took a deep breath of air. After that she looked around, but there wasn't anybody. She wondered.
Who had just pulled her out of this cave?
Not long later, the others emerged too.
"Were you also pulled out of the cave by someone?" she asked.
"Yes..." Gibbs said and looked around. "But...-"
"Right. There is nobody." Angelica interrupted him.
Suddenly, right in front of them, emerged many women.
"Mermaids..." Scrum whispered.
They swam backwards, but then one of the mermaids approached them.
"Don't fear us." she said.
"Serena?!" Angelica couldn't believe her eyes.
"Yes." she answered.
The crew was still very suspiciously.
"They won't hurt you." Serena hinted at her sisters.
"How did you come here?" Jack asked.
"That's the point." Serena sighed. "We are not here by chance."
"Rather?" he wanted to know.
"We need to talk to you..." she went on. "Angelica?" she asked then and looked at her.
"Yes?" Angelica said without knowing what was going on.
"Maybe it's better if you all go out of the water first." Serena suggested.
So they did.

A while later, the crew sat at one of the smaller rocks. It was so small that it barely stuck out if the water. But this way they could communicate the best with the mermaids, that had to stay in the water.
"So? About what do you want to talk?" Angelica asked then.
"Listen... you have to come with us." Serena said.
"M-Me?" Angelica pointed at herself to be sure.
"Yes, you."
The rest of the crew, especially Jack, were shocked.
"But why?" she wanted to know.
"It's really important." Serena said.
"She goes nowhere!" Jack got himself involved.
"Wait Jack..." Angelica said to him. "Let them explain." she turned back to Serena. "Would you tell me why I should come with you?"
"We're here to warn you..." Serena began. "Do you know where you've seen the sword of your father the last time?"
"The sword of my father?" Angelica asked.
"Yes. There are many people out there who are looking for this sword, but if something happens to it, all the power of Blackbeard will disappear." Serena explained.
"Why are you interested in it? After all that Blackbeard did to you." Jack wanted to know.
"This is not about Blackbeard." she answered. "He is dead. But his power stayed here in his sword. And it's really important that it is like that, because he is one of the most powerful pirates of all times, if not the most powerful. And if his power does not stay, the magic of the piracy will disappear."
"The magic of the piracy?" Jack laughed. "Please..."
"The magic like the magical jewels that got the power to rule the wind and tide, or the fountain of youth. All this won't exist anymore. And think of it... if the magic of the jewels doesn't exist anymore... who could rule about the wind and tide? No one. There won't be any way to control it!" Serena said.
"This sounds terrible. But what should I do against it?" Angelica asked unsure.
"You have to come with us and get this sword! Do you know where you've seen it the last time?"
"Let me think... yes! It was in Tortuga, after getting the Pearl out of the bottle!" Angelica remembered.
"Then don't let us waste any time! Come on!
"But why me?"
"You are his daughter. You are the next person that can deal with this and you are the next person that can claim on it."
Angelica sighed.
"Well... alright. I guess it's the best when we go as quick as possible." Angelica said after listening to Serena's words.
"You'll go?" Jack asked and Angelica could immediately hear in his voice how disappointed he was.
"Yes, I'll go. It's really necessary." Angelica answered.
"Are you sure...?" Jack whispered.
"Yes, I am. I'll go." she paused. "I have to, alright?" Angelica said then.
Jack sighed. "Alright."
"I suggest we meet in the evening, then you can prepare a bit and we organize us a ship." Serena said. "Just you and I will go, so I need the time too to prepare myself."
"Perfect." Angelica said.
"We'll bring our ship right next to one of those rocks, you won't miss it." Serena explained.
Angelica nodded and went away.
The rest of the crew followed her.

On the Black Pearl, everyone was a bit confused. They all couldn't believe what just happened.
Angelica was down in her cabin, just sitting on her bed. In reality she had nothing to prepare, except of herself mentally. She just couldn't believe what just happened. Before an hour she had planned to stay with Jack after that journey and now, she was leaving with Serena the mermaid because the magic of piracy could disappear. Before a few minutes she didn't even know anything about that magic. She hadn't completely understood what exactly that is, she needed to ask Serena again. She just knew that she had to get this sword back, as fast as possible.
That all went too fast for Angelica...
Jack had just brought the chest into his Captain's cabin. He opened it and looked at the jewel that came from the ring, he gave to Angelica. He couldn't believe that she would leave. For one time he thought that he could make her stay, and now... she would leave again. He told himself again and again that this was very important and that this needed to be done. But even if he could completely understand Angelica's decision and really respected that, he didn't know how to deal with the fact that he won't know where she was and when he will see her again...

————————————
I guess nobody expected that...😅
The next chapter will be the last one and will finish the story!
How do you think it will end?🥰😯