Chapter 24

After many hours Gibbs could see the Queen Anne's Revenge on the horizon.
"Captain! We're close." he said.
Jack nodded and turned to the whole crew. "Gentlemen, load all our cannons. Get your weapons and prepare for a fight!" he shouted.
"Scrum, Thomas! Go and get more pistols, we'll need them." he ordered then.
After that he turned to Philip. "Church human... you bring Angelica downstairs."
"What?!" she shouted. "Why? Didn't I proof you often enough that I can fight at least as well as you? I am a pirate!"
"That has nothing to do with pirate or not! You got the last jewel we have. We can not lose it." Jack said.
"But you saw it in the castle. They are much more men than you. You need everyone here!"
Jack sighed. He knew that she was right.
"Alright... but be careful." he said.
"Aye Captain." Angelica rolled her eyes.

The Black Pearl approached the Queen Anne's revenge more and more. "Men! No one leaves the Pearl! You all stay there, just Master Gibbs and I will go and find the jewels. Do not go there to fight, this will be your certain death!" Jack ordered.
The crew had prepared everything and stood already in position.

As Barbossa realized the Black Pearl, it was far too late for him to prepare the cannons or to inform his crew. The fastest ship in the Caribbean already faced the Queen Anne's Revenge.
Immediately he felt how the ship shook, because the first cannon was fired.

Jack and Gibbs swung over on two ropes and tried to pass Barbossa unnoticed.
The rest of the crew stayed on board of the Black Pearl and tried to fight against the other men who tried to defend themselves.

Meanwhile Jack and Gibbs entered the Captain's cabin. They heard how the men outside were running around.
"The jewels, quick..." Jack whispered.
After they had looked everywhere, but without any succeed, they paused.
"Jack... where could those jewels be? You know that ship much better than I." Gibbs said.
Jack thought of Angelica, she would probably know where to look for the jewels. Then he got an idea.
He walked over to a big wardrobe with huge doors made out of wood. It was the one in which Blackbeard had his ships in the bottles.
And really, there was a box in which the jewels were hidden.

On the Black Pearl, the crew of Jack had to fight very hard. The men of Barbossa got more and more. Soon they would have no chance anymore. They tried to push them into the water to keep track. Everyone had to fight against at least two men at the same time.
Angelica had to look to the Queen Anne's Revenge again and again. She thought of Jack and Gibbs who are over there, looking for the jewels.

Barbossa hurried around, took a sword and loaded a few canons. His ship wouldn't have a chance if he won't fire back, even if they already had a big advantage.
As he observed the fight on the Black Pearl, he spotted Angelica how she pushed one of his men into the water.
Angelica and he faced each other for a short moment. Then Barbossa noticed that Jack and Gibbs weren't on the ship.
"They have to be here..." he whispered and went away.
On his face, Angelica saw what Barbossa was thinking about. She saw him approaching the Captain's cabin, and knew that Barbossa saw them through, again.
He was cruel, but he wasn't dumb.
Angelica swung over to the Queen Anne's revenge, even if she knew that Jack wouldn't be haply about that, and tried not to be seen.
She knew she had to avoid that Barbossa would enter the Captain's cabin. Immediately she ran upstairs and pulled him back, downstairs again.
First he was frightened, but as he saw her he began to smile. "Miss Teach... again." he started. "I thought you would know now, that fighting against me isn't the most intelligent thing."
"I know enough, thank you." Angelica stayed cold, then she took her sword.
"Do you really think you stand any chance?" Barbossa laughed.
Angelica rolled her eyes and approached him. "I learned from the master..." she whispered and started a fight. In this sentence she was thinking of Jack, of course.
Barbossa had to concentrate to keep up, because he didn't expect such fighting skills of her.

Gibbs had took both jewels and they were about to leave, as they heard Angelica's voice outside.
"This can't be true!" Jack shouted and hurried out of the Captain's cabin. There he saw her fighting against Barbossa.
"Gibbs, you go back to the Pearl and save the jewels." he said.
Gibbs hurried away.
Jack took his sword and went over to Angelica and Barbossa. The two of them didn't even realize him, because they were so concentrated.
Jack pulled Angelica by the arm behind him.
"What are you doing?!" she screamed, but then she noticed that it was Jack.
Barbossa paused. "Jack..." he smiled.
"Hector..."
"Why are you disturbing us in our little fight?" he asked.
"Is that a realistic question?" Jack wanted to know.
"You don't have to play her hero now, Jack..." Barbossa provoked Jack more and more.
"I do not!" he said and attacked him, while hurrying back to the railing with Angelica at hand.
"Come on! Swing over!" he said.
Angelica did what Jack said, exceptionally, and landed on the Black Pearl. Jack came right behind her.
Barbossa was about to swing over too.
"Men! Set sail! We leave!" Jack ordered.
Immediately everybody of Jack's crew made it as quick as possible.
The fastest ship of the Caribbean sailed away.
Barbossa didn't tried to swing over to them anymore, because he knew exactly that this wouldn't have a very good ending for him.

When everyone calmed down again and the Queen Anne's Revenge was out of sight, Jack went over to his crew, that were standing on deck.
"You all should stay on board!" he shouted at Angelica.
"And you could be happy that I were there, because what you don't know is that Barbossa was about to enter the room." Angelica said.
Jack paused. "B-But I'm sure we would've managed this." Jack stammered.
"I doubt it." Angelica answered. "No problem Jack, nothing happened."
Jack nodded a bit confused and turned to the whole crew.
"Well... We got the jewels back, and that means that we can concentrate now at the core of the ocean." he smiled.
Then Gibbs brought them out and they began to shine, just just like the one Angelica wore on her finger.
"Angelica remembered everything and we know where the core of the ocean is." he went on.
"Really?! That's great!" Thomas shouted.
"Yes. And now, set sail men! We will find this chest!" Jack seemed really determined.
Everybody seemed like that.
Gibbs brought the jewels at a safe place.
Jack went up to the wheel again and looked at the map, where Angelica had drawn a little spot at. There was the core of the ocean. He couldn't believe that he really got it. All the time this destination seemed so far away and so impossible, but now, now it was closer than ever...

—————————
This was Chapter 24!!
I hope you liked it😘