Chapter 19

For a short time it was quiet in the room. Then Angelica turned around very slowly.
That could not be the truth.
There stood Captain Hector Barbossa with his whole crew.
It was almost clear that they wouldn't stand a chance, because Barbossa's crew where far superior to men.
"It's very sad, but I guess you are a bit too late." Barbossa laughed.
Both sides got their swords out.
"Too bad, but you won't have a chance. We are more than twice as many as you are." he went on.
Then a few men of him circled Jack's crew.
They stayed tough.
Quickly Barbossa's first mate got the jewel from the floor. Scrum tried to stop him but he hit him into his stomach, cause him to collapse.
"It will go straight to you all like this, if you aren't careful." Barbossa warned.
"I will not surrender." Jack said angry.
"Not yet." Barbossa smiled evil. He looked at Angelica who got the other jewel, the one from the island of the Living Death, in her hand. He went over to her.
"Miss... the jewel, if you please." he said. "I'm sorry, but I won't make it too easy for you... Captain." she got naughty.
"Just like you want." Barbossa said.
Suddenly he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her right in from of him. Then he got his pistol out and  aimed at Jack and the others.
Barbossa made a few steps back, so he stood next to his crew again.
Jack took his pistol too.
"Take the pistol down, Sparrow! You will shoot her... if you do." Barbossa told him.
But Jack stayed cold.
"I warn you..."
"No matter if you shoot me, Hector." Jack laughed.
"All right." Barbossa mumbled. Now he was not longer aiming for the crew, but held the pistol to Angelica's head.
"Does it still not matter?" he knew exactly how to exploit the weaknesses of his opponents.
"Take the pistol down, Sparrow!" Barbossa repeated.
Jack got nervous, but didn't took it down jet.
Barbossa loaded the pistol.
"I warn you one last time, Sparrow!" he shouted.
Then he slowly began to take the pistol down, until he put it on the floor.
"Very good. Now all the other weapons to the floor, please." he ordered then. "And now back to the corner, all of you!" Barbossa screamed.
Reluctantly, they did.
When they were far enough, Barbossa spoke to Angelica again.
"The jewel." he just said.
Angelica didn't show any reaction.
"Listen!" Barbossa got angry. He pressed his fingers down her throat, wich got her slowly out of air.
Angelica gasped. "Hijo de puta..." she mumbled quietly.
"Listen..." Barbossa took her breath more and more. "If you are worth something to yourself, then give me the jewel now." he said.
Angelica still didn't show any reaction.
"Or say... if your Captain is worth anything to you." Barbossa whispered her in the ear.
Angelica paused.
Barbossa nodded with his head and one of his mean aimed with his pistol at Jack.
With his finger on her throat, Barbossa could feel how her pulse rose.
"I think we understand each other, don't we?" he laughed. Angelica couldn't breathe anymore.
Slowly she opened her hand and the jewel fell into Barbossa's hand.
Immediately he let her fall to the ground and she gasped for air.
"Men! We leave!" Barbossa ordered and they were about to go as he paused. He turned to the others again. "I will leave you your weapons, they won't help you." he laughed. The he kneeled to Angelica on the floor.
"I got something for you..." he drew the torn letter of her father next to her.
"Your father wanted to tell you something you might never know." he said and left the room.

Immediately Jack got up and tried to open the door. "They locked it up!" he shouted and hit the door.
The rest of the crew stood up too and went to the door. "Isn't there a way to get out here?" Thomas asked. "I don't know yet." Jack answered.
Philip turned to Angelica.
"Angelica... are you alright?" he asked.
Angelica was just looking at the torn letter.
"Yes... I-I think yes." she responded quietly.
"What's that?" Jack asked and came to her on the floor.
"Looks like a letter." Gibbs said.
Angelica sighed.
"What?" Jack asked.
She just shook her head.
"How do you want to read this letter?" Gibbs wanted to know.
"Maybe you can read a couple of words..." Philip suggested.
Angelica looked at the paper tatters and tried to read a few words.

"This picture"
"Find the jewels"
"Give it to you"
"Talked a lot"
"Help you"
"Core of the ocean"

That was all she could read.
"Core of the ocean..." she mumbled.
"What should that be?" Jack asked.
"I'm not sure... I know this... I talked about it with my father..." Angelica remembered.
"Maybe this is the picture." Philip pointed at the tatter on that was written "This picture".
"But he never showed me a picture..." Angelica wondered. "Are you sure?" Jack asked. "Yes. I am sure. He never showed me one." Angelica looked at the paper tatters again.
"The core of the ocean..." she mumbled again. "I don't understand this... why can't I remember what that is?"
"First we try to get out if here. Then we'll see." Philip said.
Angelica nodded and put the paper tatters away.
After that they tried to open the door with their swords, but nothing happened.
Jack shot against it, but that didn't work either.
"That's impossible!" Jack shouted. "There has to be a way to get out of that room!"
But it didn't seem so.

After a while of trying they sat down. "We can't stay here forever..." Thomas said. "Don't worry, we won't survive longer than three days anyway." Scrum mumbled.
"Scrum!" Philip hissed.
"What? This is how it is!" he got angry.
"Do not be so negative!"
"I'm not negative, I'm realistic!"
"Men! Come to reason!" Jack shouted.
Gibbs sighed. "But... we lost everything we got. The jewels are gone, Barbossa got them and he has got the picture of the core of the ocean." he said.
"Why are you so disappointed, my friend?" Jack asked. "If Angelica remembers, we will find the core of the ocean too. Barbossa has got the picture, but Angelica got her memories from her father and that will help us very much. And she will remember soon!" Jack was convinced.
"I do my best..." Angelica mumbled. She was under pressure, she needed to remember... soon.
"But how does this help us if Barbossa got all the jewels?" Gibbs wanted to know. "He will be faster, because we are locked in here, if you remember!"
"He didn't got all..." Angelica began to smile.
Then she lifted her hand on which the ring was.
"He still needs this one. And he knows as little as we knew before that this is the last jewel." Angelica explained.
He can search for a very long time, until he finds it."
Then she looked at the ring and smiled sneaky...

————————————————
In this Chapter happened very much🥰
What do you think... how will the story go on?🤔