Chapter 22

In the middle of the night Angelica was woken up by the wind. She sat up and wondered why it was windy inside her cabin. But then she realized that her door was open. She was sure she closed it before going to bed.
As she wanted to close the door she looked at the corridor. It felt like there was someone, even if she couldn't see anybody.
Confused she stepped out of her cabin and walked along the corridor. She checked if everybody was sleeping, and they did sleep.
Then she heard something on deck. Carefully she went there.
On deck was nobody. The only thing Angelica could feel that it was very cold there. The wind came back and it got even colder. She was wondering why the weather was like that here in the Caribbean.
Suddenly a big wave jumped up the big ship and made half of the deck wet. Angelica frightened. She thought it would be a better idea to got back to sleep, but as she wanted to leave the deck she heard a voice whispering. She turned around, bit couldn't see anyone.
"Angelica..." she heard a voice again. The voice echoed.
She followed the voice that repeated her name again and again. Finally she went upstairs to the wheel.
Behind the black and rotten sail she saw a figure in the sky. It looked like glowing clouds that had condensed into a face. This face showed that of her father. Angelica couldn't believe her eyes. She shook her head in unbelief, but the face didn't disappear.
"Angelica..." she heard from the face.
"F-Father...?" she stammered. She didn't know if she should be scared of it.
"Don't be scared my child..." the face told her.
Could he read her thoughts?
"What are you?" Angelica asked.
"Don't you recognize me?"
"Of course, but... you aren't a human, you know..."
The face laughed. "I know. This is my soul that was looking for you and now... I've finally find you." Blackbeard said.
It also was his voice. It really seemed to be him, or his soul.
"I'm here to tell you something..." he went on.
Angelica didn't answer, she just heard.
"You've learned about the core of the ocean..."
Angelica nodded. "You told me about that. But... what's that? I have no idea." she said.
"Didn't you get the picture?"
"Picture? No. I just got a few tatters of a letter, nothing more. The one-legged men got everything."
"But you know what the core of the ocean is..." Blackbeard said.
"N-No... I don't." Angelica answered.
"Remember when we just met. The first weeks of yours on the Queen Anne's Revenge."
"Yes... but... I don't understand what you want to tell me..." Angelica was confused.
"The core of the ocean, my child. Remember those words." Blackbeard said.
"The core of the ocean..." Angelica mumbled. "The core of the ocean..." she repeated.
She repeated it a few time more. Then she looked up at the face.
"Father I-"
"Remember the time when I told you about the jewels. There I told you about the core of the ocean too."
Angelica thought again. It couldn't be possible that she couldn't remember anything.
"Remember who you are..." The voice became more quiet and the face began to disappear.
"No! Don't go!" Angelica shouted.
"Remember it Angelica... remember it..."
"Don't leave father! Please stay, I-" Then she stopped, because the face had disappeared.
"I have to remember who I am..." Angelica mumbled.

Suddenly Angelica opened her eyes...

————————————
What do you think about the dream?🥰
Would it help anyway?