-one-

The girl somehow managed to scale the wall of the house, prying the slightly open window, open even wider to fit her body in. Not being very graceful, she pushed her body through the window landing face first on the floor, gaining the attention of the boy in the room. He stood looking at the girl, who groaned, with confusion.

When the girl had finally come to her senses she looked up locking eyes with the boy that was still staring at her. Her eyes lit up and the small smile from entering the window now became a huge grin covering her face. She sighed slightly before nodding to herself as if she was proud, which she was, she had gotten the right window on her firs try. She just smiled at the boy who still gazed in utter confusion as if they were both waiting for something: the other to talk.

"Who are you?" the boy asked, finally realising she wouldn't be the first to talk.

The girls smile faltered like she had forgotten her purpose of her entering his room, like she had forgotten her name. However, her smile quickly returned as she stood up with as much pride as possible.

"I'm Annabelle," she said, the boys eyebrows furrowing as he didn't recognise her.

"I'm Tobias," he began, only to be put off by the girl vigorously nodding her head to say yes.

"I know who you are." She took a step closer to him, her smile still as huge as the minute she saw him. Tobias wondered if her cheeks hurt from smiling too much. "I see you around school, always alone. I thought you'd need a friend."

"You shouldn't have come here, it's way past curfew." He spoke softly and quietly as if not wanting to be heard.

"I don't care," Annabelle replied, slightly louder than she should've.

"Tobias? What's going on?" A booming voice echoed from downstairs. Tobias' eyes widened as he gulped.

"It's nothing, sir. Sorry, sir." He quietly shouted down the stairs, to who Annabelle assumed was his father.

"You call your dad sir? Why?" Annabelle asked, she always was too curious for Abnegation, amongst other qualities that didn't fit.

"You should go." He spoke before walking towards the girl and pushing her lightly to the window, but not light enough that when she hit a table the lamp remained on it. A loud thud was caused by the crashing of the lamp to the ground. A screaming voice soon followed, calling for his son to come downstairs, an order the boy quickly obeyed.

Annabelle sat on the Eaton boys bed, feeling terribly guilty for the trouble she would've gotten Tobias into. She had only come to make friends, not to cause a ruckus. The dark haired girl started to worry when he hadn't come back to his room for a while, but she knew she couldn't leave the room, and there was no way she was leaving without apologising first.

As if on cue the boy returned to his room, his face slightly red, his eyes slightly watering and his lip slightly cut. Annabelle gasped loudly upon seeing him, shooting up from the bed and to his side in a second. When beginning to ask questions, she was shushed by the boy who was filled with worry about what his father would hear and then do to him.

"I'm sorry," The girl began, much quieter than she had spoken before, "it's my fault. If I hadn't of come here,"

"It still would've happened." The boy cut her off, he didn't want her feeling guilty for what his father does to him. "Just over something else."

"Do you want me to go down there? I can give him a good punch?" Annabelle said, straightening up to seem more threatening.

"No, you'll only get yourself into trouble. How old are you anyway?" Tobias questioned, amazed yet confused at the courage and skill of intimidation the seemingly young girl had.

"I'm 14. You're 16 right? Are you planning on leaving?" She replied quickly, Annabelle was overly interested in the Eaton boy. He was the son of the faction leader, yet spoke to no one as if a ghost.

"Yeah, I just don't know where to."

"What do you think you'll get in your aptitude test?"

"Abnegation," He answered, after all his father had told him exactly how to get it.

"Well you don't have to listen to that." Annabelle school her head.

"Oh I know." His reason for leaving would still be there even if he did get Abnegation, his test results meant little to him.

"I want to leave too."

"Yeah, I get the feeling you don't belong here."

"Me too." Ever since a young age Annabelle had been called different, she was bullied, told to be stayed away from. She knew Abnegation wasn't for her and she already had an idea of where she belonged.