-nineteen-

Annabelle hadn't gotten much sleep after her late/early practice, Eric had told her she would be fighting someone properly later, like Tris and Molly the other day, and if she didn't win, it would seriously affect her rank. He also told her not to worry, and that she was more prepared now and had a better chance than who she was going up against - yet would not tell her who. She didn't know what to think, she was scared (not that she'd admit it), she was scared of being cut, she was scared of failing Tobias and she was scared of failing herself.

Metal rang against metal, and the eyes of Annabelle opened with a sigh. Just when she had managed to drift off she was awoken, yet again. They only had a short period of time to get up, get dressed and eat breakfast before physical combat training continued. So the initiates rushes in fear they'd get on the leaders bad side if they took any longer.

Annabelle had only managed to grab an apple, before making her way to where they were training. As she was walking, a voice called her name (well 'Belle'), a voice Annabelle would rather ignore than have to hear more of, so that's what she did. Annabelle continued to walk to training, speeding up in avoidance of the man behind her.

"Hey," The man said, as he eventually jogged up to her side, "You're quite the walker," He let out a breathy laugh, looking at the brunette girl who only stared back at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What do you want Peter?" She asked the boy, coming to a stop in her walk, surprised he hadn't insulted her or called her a Stiff yet.

"Where'd you sneak off to last night?" He asked, curiosity filling his eyes.

Annabelle didn't understand the situation but cringed at the idea of Peter thinking she'd tell him anything, even if it was harmless. "I don't think that's any of your business, Peter,"

Peter scoffed, and his jaw clenched. Why he was trying to befriend her, was unknown to Annabelle if that was what he was even trying to do.

"Scared of the dark so couldn't sleep, Stiff?" He practically spat, his eyes harsh and his arms now crossed.

Annabelle laughed, she was confused by the exchange that just happened, and the sudden change is Peter's mannerisms but a smirk still ended up gracing her lips as she looked up at the brunet boy.

Anna leaned forward towards him, tilting her head up before whispering in his ear "If that's what you want to believe," She pulled away from his ear and brought her hand up, lightly patting him on the cheek a couple times, before continuing her walk to training, her fingers crossed that the person she was fighting wouldn't be Peter.

***

Annabelle looked at the board Eric had just presented in front of everyone, names were paired up with indicated who was fighting who. Her eyes scanned for her name, narrowing when she found it to see the name written directly next to it: 'Myra

Anna had never spoken to Myra after all she was always clinging onto her boyfriend Edward, but that didn't mean Myra was a weak link. All Annabelle knew is that her rank was above Myra's and that gave her hope.

It was finally Anna and Myra's turn to enter the ring and fight and Annabelle wondered if Edward had taught Myra anything he knew since he was a surprisingly excellent fighter himself. She also wondered if what Eric had helped with would be any use when fighting Myra, after all the girl who nearly stood in front of her looked like she wasn't one for technique and that was proved when their fight began.

Luckily Annabelle had gotten the first punch in, not too hard to knock her out, but hard enough to cause the girl to stumble already, blood trailing from her nose. Myra ran forward taking Annabelle for surprise, her hands wide and grabbing whatever she could. In one hand Myra had a fistful of Anna's hair, and the other grabbed for her nose, ripping her fresh piercing out of the nostril.

Annabelle managed to shove the girl off, bringing her knee up and colliding it Myra's chin as she slightly bent over. Anna ignored the throbbing coming from her nose, she ignored the intense pain pulsing up to her head which began to ache, she ignored the blood she could feel pouring out of it as Myra fell backwards due to the force of Annabelle's knee. The added impact of her head hitting the ground causing the ex-Erudite girl to fade in and out of consciousness indicating to Annabelle the fight was over and she had won.

With a nod of Eric's head, Annabelle walked out of the ring thinking it was too easy, she knew she wasn't good enough against a harder opponent and it sucked. Nevertheless Tobias circled her name indicating she'd won and Annabelle sighed.

She sat on the ground, the throb still present pulsing through her entire body, her head rested against a pole and her eyes were shut as the fights continued - more blood being added to the floor.

"You shouldn't have gotten your nose pierced," A female voice spoke, teasing evident in their tone.

"But it looked so good," Annabelle replied with a genuine chuckle, she opened her eyes to see Christina with her hand out of Anna to take.

A/N

I love Peter and Annabelle's dynamic so so much lmaoo

I was thinking of maybe having a upload schedule rather than just posting new chapters willy nilly, since I've already got a lot of chapters ahead of this written 👀

Let me know what you think xx