-seven-

The red droplets fell as if in slow motion as Annabelle looked, not blinking, down at the black coals her blood was about to land on. When Marcus called out Dauntless, her brain didn't even comprehend what was going on, as the darkly dressed faction became rowdy and began cheering and Annabelle's body subconsciously walked towards where her new faction sat.

The dark brunettes eyes locked with her fellow Abnegation transfer, before Annabelle grinned wildly at the girl, realising she was finally out of the dull faction and she wasn't alone. 

After a Dauntless member moved to create a seat for Annabelle, she sat down in between  two other Dauntless, both Annabelle assumed were already members. Annabelle watched on, her view strictly facing forward, too scared to face her parents and see their disapproval and disappointment which was caused by her. Soon the person on her right was replaced by a Candor boy, one who Annabelle was pretty sure she'd seen bullying Abnegations many times. Her eyes briefly darted to him before quickly going back to the bowls, as Annabelle couldn't even bring herself to look at Marcus as he was speaking or as he stood, horrible memories flooding back of stories Tobias had told her.

"Hey Stiff," The boy next to her said, waving his hand in front of her face to get her attention, "Are you deaf or something?"

"What?" Annabelle said, scoffing towards the boy as she now faced him, her eyebrows furrowed. She hadn't heard what he originally said to her but that didn't stop her from retorting "Have you ever thought that maybe you're uninteresting?"

The Candor boys eyes widened at the Abnegations rhetorical question, not expecting something of the sort to be escaping the supposedly innocent girls lips.

"Woah, the Stiff got some sass," interrupted another Candor transfer who had just sat down on the other side of Annabelle, who jolted her head at the sound of another voice.

"I'm sorry but am I supposed to know who you are?" Annabelle questioned, head turning back to the dark haired boy who smirked as their eyes connected.

"I'm Peter Hayes, Candor obviously," He replied, smirk still playing at his lips. He then gestures towards the girl who followed his queue and introduced herself as "Molly Atwood, also a Candor." Annabelle only nodded at the two before looking down and twiddling with her thumbs as there was only a couple more people making the biggest decision of their lives.

"What, is the little Stiff scared?" Peter said, noticing she was playing with her thumbs.

"Not scared," She sighed, rolling her eyes, still not looking at him, "just not enjoying your company."

The two Candors scoffed, finally leaving her alone as she zoned out again, as Marcus gave a speech before all the initiates left to go the their forever factions.