-twenty four-

Another day of fighting was in store for the transfers yet fortunately it was their last. Annabelle dreaded who'd she be up against and hoped for one of her friends. She couldn't deal with another hardcore beating like she'd get if she perhaps went against Peter. Annabelle thought maybe Al would be an easy fight since he wasn't the best at it.

Annabelle stood with her friends watching intensely as Tobias wrote who was fighting on the board. She gasped when she saw 'Tris' written next to her name. Annabelle turned around looking for her friend, their eyes connected, Tris' just as wide as her own. They didn't particularly want to fight each other, hell in all honesty Annabelle didn't want to fight anyone.

Tris broke eye contact with Annabelle and began staring just over the brunettes shoulder. Confused, Annabelle turned around to follow her fellow transfers gaze. Her confusion only grew when her eyes soon fell on Tobias, who was also staring back at Tris. Annabelle furrowed her eyebrows her head tilting slightly she didn't know what was going on between them, but there was definitely something.

Will and Myra were up first followed by Al and Christina. What really peaked Annabelle's interest was Edward and Peter's fight after that. Surely whoever won between them would rank first considering they were both the best fighters amongst the initiates.

After the three matches are over its Annabelle and Tris' turn to fight. They make their way over to the ring. Annabelle can tell Tris is angry even if it's not at her the brunette gulps knowing that it'll be a motivational factor in their fight.

Tris makes the first move, her fist moving forward and colliding with the bottom of Annabelle's jaw, Tris however stumbles forward as Annabelle stepped back to get away from the punch. Tris quickly regains balance and throws a punch again only for it to be blocked by Annabelle with her forearm. Annabelle brings her first round and hits Tris in the side of her head, a deep groan escaping her lips. Annabelle knew that a punch like that would've knocked the likes of Myra or Al out cold - but not Tris, who moved quickly back into her fighting stance.

It continued like that for a while, both of the two girls getting good punches and kicks in in the other, however they both equally as determined, dragging the fight on for a long time.

"Hurry it up initiates!" Eric yelled at the two girls who after a while were practically rallying, half due to exhaustion and half due to just wanting the fight to be over.

The booming voice of the Dauntless leader shocked Tris, who turned her head in surprise and the noise. Annabelle, however, wasn't phased and that gave her an advantage.

Annabelle quickly slammed her fist into Tris' turned face, which such a force that caused the girl to fall straight to the ground and remain there.

The girl quickly realised what she'd done and with the approval of Eric picked Tris up from the ring. When Annabelle had taken Tris away from the ring, the blonde quickly suddenly opened her eyes and smiled at the other ex-Abnegation.

"Nice one," Tris said, lightly touching the side of her face and wincing.

"What the hell, Tris?" Annabelle questioned, "Why did you do that?"

"Better than to just punch each other for another half an hour," Tris shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Your rank-,"

"Won't be as bad as some people's," Tris finished for her before walking off the Christina, leaving Annabelle in shock and awe and the selfless yet brave act Tris had just managed to pull off.

***

Annabelle spent the rest of the day with Uriah. The pair had grown close during their many lunches and dinners spent solely together occasionally with Marlene and Lynn too.