-fourteen-

All the initiates began to change in the small time they were given. Annabelle quickly got out of her grey dress, and stood in only her bra and underwear, usually she would feel exposed but she thought since they all would be sharing showers and toilets like that, there was no point hiding. As Annabelle put on the tight black pants that had been provided for her, she heard a wolf whistle from behind her.

"Nice tits, Belle," Peter, the Candor she had met at the ceremony said, Anna frowned at the name he had given her as he turned to Tris and said, "Nice legs, stiff,"

"I can nearly say the same to you," Annabelle quickly retorted, causing him to shut up and his friends to start laughing. She couldn't really, he was in fairly decent shape and Anna admired it a bit, but Annabelle would never boost his already too high ego, so decided to bruise it instead.

Once they had all gotten changed into suitable Dauntless clothes, they were told to burn their previous clothes. Annabelle had not trouble chucking her grey dress into the flames, she thought it was ugly and did nothing for her, which was the whole point in Abnegation.  "Goodbye ugly grey," Anna said to Tris who was behind her, who hesitantly chucked her clothes into the fire and let a small smile grace her lips at Anna's statement.

"Come on," Anna continued following after Christina who was in front of her and pulling Tris who was behind her, they went into the cafeteria, and after wandering around for a seat, and seats being stolen they see the table where Tobias happened to be.

"Should we sit there?" Tris asked hesitantly, Christina looking over unsure.

"I'm sure he doesn't bite," Annabelle said, "I'll sit next to him if it makes you feel better,"

Before the two other girls could reply Anna sat down next to the boy she still considered her best friend. He didn't even look over at the girl, who began to whisper "I gather that you wanna pretend we don't know each other in public, but we're gonna sit here because there's no where else, is that okay?"

"That's fine," He whispered in return still not looking at the girl, who also wasn't looking at him.

"Good, we won't disrupt you," Anna said as she turned to the two girls who still hadn't sat down, "Come on then,"

When Tris sat down next to Anna, they both looked at the food that was in the tray in front of them. Annabelle copied what everyone else was doing a picked up a fork before stabbing the meat and putting it on her plate. Tris doing the same, with a look of slight disgust on her face.

"Have you two never seen a hamburger before?" Christina asked, looking at them shocked and concerned.

"No, I've seen one, just never eaten one before," Tris replied, Annabelle nodding in agreement as she carefully cut a square out of the meat to try.

"Abnegation eat plain food," The boy in front of them butted in, "Plant based diet with no sauces and a minimum of seasoning."

Annabelle scoffed at him as Christina asked "What textbook did you swallow?"

"Nice to meet you too," He replied, laughing "I'm Will. Erudite."

"Of course," Both Annabelle and Christina said at the same time, smiling at each other.

"No offence, but I'm surprised Abnegation even eat at all." Christina stated, "Too selfish, right? No wonder you left."

"You gotta be pretty self confident to be friends with a Candor," Will replied, smiling at the ex-Candor girl.

"Is this supposed to be flirting?" Annabelle whispered so likely only the two next to her could hear. Tris chuckled at the girl, Tobias drifting his eyes over slightly to the transfers.

"You mean like you're an idiot?" Annabelle heard when she tuned back into the conversation.

"Nice one, Al," Christina smiled at the rebuttal, "At least we're tell the truth."

"Erudite can tell the truth because we have the facts," Will said louder, leaning slightly across the table.

"I don't wanna hear about your old factions." Four said, making the conversation end, "You're Dauntless now."

"Look it's Eric," Al said, following the brief silence Four had caused, as the Dauntless leader enters the cafeteria.

"How is he a leader, he's so young?" Christina said confused.

"Age doesn't matter here." Four said giving Christina a grave look. The conversation quiets as Eric sits on the other side of Four, he said nothing, so they all remained silent.

"Well aren't you going to introduce me?" The heavily pierced leader asks, nodding towards Anna, Tris and Christina. Tobias said the three girls names. "Ooh the two stiffs. You may have been the first jumpers but we'll see how long you last."

Annabelle could hear Tris open her mouth to say something but all that came out was air, this lead to Anna replying on behalf of both of them. "What you'll see is us making it into Dauntless,"

"A feisty one, are you sure she's a stiff, Four?" Eric replied, his smirk from before still plastered on his lips.

Him and Four begin talking and when Eric leaves Tris asked a question, the majority of people at the table were thinking. "Are you two friends?"

"We were in the same initiate class," He answered, "He transferred from Erudite."

"Were you a transfer too? Or Dauntless born?" Both Tobias and Annabelle stiffened at the question.

"You can ask that?" Annabelle said shocked, having to act as if she didn't know the answer to the question.

"No," Four replied to the rhetorical question, "So what makes you think you can ask me that?"

"It must be because you're so approachable," Tris stated, causing Christina to snort and Annabelle to hold her breath. Will looked between the row in front of him in shock at the situation. "You know, like a bed of nails,"

"Careful, Tris," Tobias replied before being called away by another Dauntless member.