-twenty nine-

Annabelle walked into the room heart beating fast and hands clammy, she was nervous as hell for her simulation, knowing she'd be powerless once more as her best friend got hurt. And that's exactly what happened.

As Anna woke up, tears streaming down her face as she shook in Fours arms, he soothed her, repeating multiple times that he was okay, he was safe, that none of it was her fault.

She left the room, cheeks stained red, easily agitated and in the worst mood. This was a repeat for the next four days of the simulations.

During those days two more articles about Abnegation had been released bringing the mood of both Tris and Annabelle down. Luckily the two of them had good friends that would try and cheer them up, Uriah especially. He always knew exactly what to do when Annabelle would walk into the canteen, head down in a slump. The mere presence of Uriah cheered Annabelle up though, she knew she couldn't have asked for a better friend.

After the second article, Uriah even dragged Tris to their table, in hopes of cheering her up as well, It had worked, Marlene and Uriah teaching the two transfers and card game and then proceeding to play of over two hours - successfully taking their mind off of everything else.

It wasn't until rankings for the second phase, like a progress report, were released that Annabelle realised how well she had done in the simulations, despite always failing the last one. Her average time was eight minutes, fifty seconds, just below Peter's. However, Peter's was hugely below Tris' whose average time was two minutes, forty five seconds.

This worried Annabelle there was no way Peter would be happy not ranking first, they had already seen what he could do and what he would do.

"Congrats Tris, you should be proud," Annabelle said, smiling widely at her fellow Abnegation transfer, if she kept this up she was guaranteed a spot in Dauntless. Tris doesn't get to respond to Anna as Peter rushes up to her.

"I will not be outranked by a Stiff," Peter hisses to Tris, his glare harsh, "How did you do it, huh? How the hell did you do it?" He slams Tris against the wall in anger.

"Peter!" Annabelle yelled, running forward to him trying to get him to let Tris go. Will joined her, "Leave her alone," Will said, "Only a coward bullies a little girl,"

" A little girl?" Peter seethes, "Are you blind or just stupid? She's going to edge you out of the rankings and out of Dauntless and you're going to get nothing, all because she knows how to manipulate people and you don't. So when you realise that she's out to ruin us all, you let me know." He said storming out of the dormitory, Drew and Molly immediately following him.

"Thanks," Tris said to Will who now looked skeptical of the blonde transfer.

"Is he right?" Will asked, referring to Peters outburst, "Are you trying to manipulate us?"

"Will what are you saying?" Annabelle said, defending Tris "How would she even?"

"Annabelle's right." Tris replied, smiling at Annabelle thankful someone was standing up for her, "How on earth would I do that? I'm just doing the best I can, like anyone else,"

"I don't know, by acting weak so we pity you?And  then acting tough to psyche us out?" Will added ignoring Tris' harsh tone and Anna's scoff.

"Psyche you out? I'm your friend I wouldn't do that," Will doesn't respond, only looking at Tris. Annabelle can't tell wether he believes her or not, however she doesn't know why he wouldn't, the only other side of the argument being Peter's.

"Don't be an idiot Will, she's not acting," Christina said before jumping off her bunk and leaving the dormitory, Will quickly following behind.

"Don't listen to him," Annabelle said before sending Tris a smile and leaving the dormitory as well.