Chapter 4

Izuku Midoriya POV

"How would you like to live with us from now on and strive towards being a hero?" Present Mic said. I sat there and shock for a minute.

 'Why do they want me to go with them, I'm supposed to be in prison with my father and the others. Do they feel bad? Is it because I said I didn't like being a villain? I will accept the offer if they are serious about it. I've always wanted to see what the hero side is like anyway so this would be a good opportunity to do that. It would also be a nice change to get away from the villains maybe they'll teach me how to control my quirks.'

"Uh, kid your hands are moving too fast for us to understand what you are saying," Eraserhead said. It was at this moment I realized that not even being mute can stop my mumbling habit, take that master. 

'Sorry, I would love to come live with you guys but I do have to ask one thing.' I signed

"What is it?" They both asked in unison.

'Can you guys teach me how to control my quirks, I have four of them now and the only one I can control even a little is my fire manipulation. I was actually born quirkless but my father insisted I was given a quirk similar to his. I don't know how to control the other ones at all. I figure if I'm gonna be a hero now I better learn to control them. It's okay if you don't want to I'm sure I can learn myself since I'll probably have more time anyway-'

"Too fast again kid," Eraserhead said cutting me off again. "We can teach you how to control your quirks with the help of other heros. Now do you think you will be okay by yourself for a while, Mic and I have to talk to the police about what's going to happen and see if you can be discharged." I nodded and picked up my book knowing I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep any time soon. The heros walked out and I went to thinking. 

'I wonder if they would let me go back to the base to get my notes. The heros know where the base is now so the villains probably moved quickly and so I'm certain they left my notes there. I will ask the heros when they get back. Those notes could really help me out if I'm going to try and become a hero. It's weird you know after trying so hard for so long to convince myself that I wanted to be a villain and now within just a few hours I'm about to be in training to become a hero.' I stopped thinking there and went back to reading my book.

Before I knew it three hours had passed and the door to my room opened revealing Present Mic and Eraserhead. I put the book that I had almost completely finished down and looked up at them expectantly.

"We have been given permission to take you home for tonight but tomorrow we have to fill out the correct paperwork to adopt you so you can stay permanently, can you walk?" Eraserhead asked and I nodded getting up. My whole body was still pretty sore but I was too excited to really care about that at the moment. 

'Actually, I was wondering if we could stop by the villain base for a minute to grab a few things, the villains won't be there since you know where it is, they've most likely moved to the backup base already.' I signed. They thought about it for a minute before Present Mic spoke up.

"I suppose we could stop by there. It would have to be quick though and we need to be extra careful, do you know where everything you want is?" he asked and I nodded. "Then we will stop by there on our way home." 

'Thank you so much.' I signed

"No problem kid now let's get going I wanna be home by dark so I can sleep," Eraserhead said. I nodded and we left the hospital. Present Mic did most of the talking on the way to the base, Eraserhead answered a question every once in a while but I mainly just looked around and took in the scenery. I've only been outside a few times and I was always too focused on not failing to look at anything else. 

Before I knew it we had arrived at the villain base. I quickly made my way up to my old room and found what I needed. I just grabbed my old sword, my journals, and a few books before we left. When we went downstairs I was shocked to see Kurogiri. The heros immediately got into a fighting stance but I just went up to him.

'I'm gonna be with the heros now Kuro, they'll teach me how to use my quirks and they won't beat me up just because they feel like it. I think you and I both know I've never really liked hurting people or doing bad things.' I signed.

"Yeah I know 'Zuku, go on now I don't want to risk you getting caught by anyone else," Kurogiri said.

'Thank you for everything Kuro.' I signed before giving him a hug, or at least the suit he was wearing a hug but I know he felt it. I then ran back to the two heros and we left. I'll miss Kurogiri but I know this is much better for me and him as now he can focus more on Shigaraki like the master wants.

My new home wasn't much farther from the villain base. It was a lot bigger than I was expecting and it looked really nice. I'm starting to doubt if they actually want me here. 

"Come on kid," Eraserhead said. Oh yeah, I actually have to go inside now. I walked into the heros and looked around but then I saw something, I stopped and stared at it for a moment before quickly rushing over to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1039