Chapter 37

Izuku Aizawa POV

As I had thought, nobody really got anywhere near us because the second they did they were blasted away. We were definitely an overpowered team and since we all had the highest ranks we didn't bother going after other teams. Shoto created a dome of ice around us that kept most out anyway. Our class is strong there's no doubt about that but we were some of the strongest in our class. Now that I think about it, not many teams from class 1-A came after us, they just went after other teams, that was probably the smartest idea actually. 

Now it was time for the one on one battles, I was put up against someone named Shinso, apparently, he has a brainwashing quirk, I don't know why but just the idea of brainwashing gave me chills. Ojiro told me as long as I don't respond to him I should be fine. "Izuku are you ready for your battle?" Shoto asked and I nodded, I can do this.

I walked into the arena once my name was called and fidgeted with my hands a little nervously. "3,2,1, FIGHT!" I looked at Shinso who slowly walked towards me calmly which surprised me a little. 

"So you're the famous 1-A student everyone's been talking about huh?" He paused waiting for a response that I didn't give him. "You really think that you, the son of one of the most dangerous villains, could be a hero now?" I clenched my teeth and activated my fire quirk ready to fight. "Oh strike a nerve did I? I am known to do that, I wonder what your dear old dad would think of all this, are making him proud Izuku?" 

"He isn't my dad!" I said charging, crap I responded.

"Got ya." I felt my whole body froze and all of a sudden I was flooded with memories, memories I've never seen before, ones of mom, how is that possible I was told she was killed when I was born, there were even ones of Bakugo and I when we were little, why am I suddenly remembering all this now. Soon it all became too overwhelming and I fell to my knees screaming.

Shota Aizawa POV 

'Zashi and I watched in fear for a moment as Izuku screamed before our instincts kicked in and we ran down there. I looked over at Shinso who looked just as scared as some of the rest of us, clearly, his quirk isn't supposed to do this. Todoroki ran into the arena too along with a few other worried classmates. We tried to calm Izuku down on our own for a minute before finally having Midnight knock him out with her sleeping gas.

We brought Izuku to Recovery Girl and laid him down on the bed. Recovery Girl checked him over. "Todoroki, go on it's time for your match, you can come back as soon as it's over Izuku will be fine?" I said and Todoroki sighed and reluctantly left to go compete. 

"I'm sorry guys, I don't know what happened, my quirk has never done that to someone before," Shinso said with his head down. 

"We know kid, it wasn't your fault," I said ruffling his hair a bit.

"I think I've come to a conclusion but I won't be positive until I talk to Izuku." Recovery Girl said.

"What do you think happened?" Hizashi asked. 

"I believe Izuku has been brainwashed and had his memory wiped a long time ago, of course, he wouldn't remember that so that's why you wouldn't have known about it, I think Shinsos quirk may have reversed the effects which would cause him to get overwhelmed enough to be in that much physical pain, we'll have to ask once he wakes up if he remembers anything he didn't before." Recovery Girl explained. Hizashi and I nodded in understanding, I hope that's the case otherwise that means something else is going on. 

"How is he otherwise?" I said phrasing my question differently since Shinso was still in the room but Recovery Girl understood.

"Everything else is perfectly fine he should wake up pretty soon." 

--------------

After about two hours the sports festival had ended and Todoroki was back in the room pretty much every time he could be. Now he sat next to Izuku who had instinctively curled up against him. 

Izuku caught our attention by making a little noise signaling that he was waking up. Once he was completely awake he sat up and leaned against Todoroki. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I feel fine now I'm a little confused though," Izuku responded. 

"Why is that?"

"After Shinso used his quirk I got flooded with a bunch of memories I'd never seen before, there were memories of mom and-" He was cut off by the door opening revealing Bakugo and Kirishima. "K-kacchan." Izuku stuttered. Bakugo's eyes widened. 

"You remembered," He said giving Izuku a big hug, "You damn nerd, you finally remembered." 

I coughed catching their attention, "Care to explain what's going on?"

"Izuku and I were friends when we were little, he gave me the nickname Kacchan when he couldn't pronounce my actual name, I used to call him Deku as an insult kind of but he didn't seem to mind. When we were about six he and his mom disappeared, I never saw him again until the start of this year, I recognized him almost immediately but once I realized he didn't remember me and how much he had changed I knew something bad had happened I decided it would be better to just stay away." Bakugo explained. Izuku thought for a moment before nodding, I guess he was just trying to make sure everything he remembered lined up with what Bakugo had said. 

"That explains that part, Izuku you said you remembered your mom, is she still alive?" I asked softly. Izuku tensed up but then shook his head. 

"T-they killed her." He said starting to tear up. I nodded in understanding and Hizashi and I moved to hug him. I think Todoroki was getting tired of people removing Izuku from him since they were so attached but we are his parents and we will hug him whenever we want. 

Once we released Izuku from our hug Todoroki pulled Izuku onto his lap and wrapped his arms around him protectively I could've sworn I heard him whisper 'mine' as he did so. I wonder if he might have a little PTSD from when Izuku was taken from him when they were stuck with the villains. I'll have to look into that sometime but for now, we are just gonna go back to the dorms and fight with Izuku about him resting instead of making a feast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1133

See I told you guys I would do better this week.