Chapter 27

Izuku Aizawa POV

"Alright, Izuku I want you to use ink, I know it scares you but I want you to learn how to use it and either get rid of the side effect or learn to fight with the side effect," Dad said. I stood with Todoroki while dad talked to me since we had partners and dad decided it was for the best to pair us up together.

"Wait what is the side effect I figure I should at least know that if I'm gonna spar with him," Todoroki said.

"When Izuku uses ink he loses his sight, we think it's because of the way he had to receive the quirk. Izuku gets scared since he doesn't know how to fight blind which is exactly why he needs to work on it now. I've tried to work on it more in the past but Izuku always persuades me to let him do something else but not this time." Dad said, he wasn't wrong I almost always convince him to let me practice a different quirk. I don't like fighting in the dark especially since sometimes I don't get to see again for several hours, I'm gonna have to go through half of my classes without seeing but dad is right I need to practice. 

"Alright, Izuku you can make your ink hot so it will melt ice right?" Todoroki asked and I nodded. "I'll shoot my ice at you and you use the ink to melt it ok?" 

"Yeah, I'm ready." Todoroki walked farther back and shot his ice, I waited for the last possible minute to activate my quirk but once I did everything went dark. 

"You missed by a little bit Izuku, think about using your other senses to tell where the ice is, I'm gonna go check on the other students." I heard dad say.  

Todoroki told me every time he was about to shoot the ice and continued to do that until I stopped missing. "Alright, I think you're doing good so I'm gonna stop telling you and you'll have to rely on your senses completely." He said.

"Ok." This is where it got a lot harder, I never knew when he was gonna shoot the ice or how much he was gonna shoot. It's fair to say that I didn't hit a single one of them before class ended. I still think I made some improvement though.

Todoroki helped me with my other classes for a few hours until my vision towards the end of the day. We recorded exactly when it came back so that I knew if the time improved at all next time. I would like to hope that dad won't have me practice this quirk too much but seeing as it's the one that needs the most work he'll probably have me using it a lot. 

When we got back to the dorms most of the class had headed up to their rooms to do their homework, some in partners and some alone. Todoroki and I decided to do the same for a little while until we went down so I could make dinner. I struggled the most with math like usual which was alright since that was Todoroki's strong suit and in return, I helped him with his English.

It was about five when I decided I would get up and make dinner with Todoroki not far behind. I looked at the board and saw that most of the class voted on Katsudon, that was actually my favorite food, I ate earlier but since it's this maybe I can try to eat dinner too, I just hope I don't get sick. Todoroki helped me prepare my ingredients and then sat down and watched while I cooked. There were a few others downstairs too but they weren't paying us much attention which I, of course, was fine with. 

Dad and Jazzy arrived right as I was getting done and I served them first then I took advantage of Jazzy having a really loud voice and had him call the others downstairs as well. I served everyone and then gave myself a small portion and ended up sitting in between dad and Jazzy while Todoroki sat across from us. 

"Wait are you gonna eat again Izuku?" Jazzy asked looking pretty happy, he liked it when I tried to eat more than once a day which wasn't very often. I nodded and started eating and it was fine... at first, but by the time I finished, I started feeling really sick and ran the bathroom. Todoroki gave me a minute but then came into check on me. 

"Are you alright Izuku?"

"Yeah, I'm ok, I just should've known better," I said walking over to the sink to wash my face and brush my teeth. Todoroki looked like he wanted to say something to comfort me but didn't know how, dad and Jazzy had that problem too but I didn't blame them, sometimes it's just hard comfort people whether you've been in the same situation. Thankfully I didn't get anything on my clothes, I really didn't want my other classmates to know anything had happened. 

"Are you ok?" Dad asked once I got back out. 

"Yeah, I should've known that I couldn't do that even if it was just a small plate but I'm fine now," I said, all three of them looked concerned still but I put on a big smile to reassure them that I was ok. "Oh yeah, Todoroki we should probably go finish our homework now," I said remembering that we hadn't completely finished yet. Todoroki nodded and we got up, I gave dad and Jazzy a hug since they would be gone by the time we came back down to do the dishes, then we went upstairs to finish our work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 971