Chapter 28

Izuku Aizawa POV

The rest of the week was a nightmare, for me at least. Dad has had me using my ink quirk all week, I'm starting to think he enjoys my struggles. Am I improving? Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. Todoroki has been a great help but I'm starting to question how long he will be willing to put up with this.

Right now I just finished making breakfast for everyone and was sitting next to Todoroki with dad and Jazzy like usual. It was Friday and I was hoping that dad wouldn't make me practice using ink today because I don't know if I can survive using it one more time in a row. 

"Something on your mind Izuku?" Jazzy asked catching me off guard.

"Uh, it's nothing really," I paused turning to dad "Are you gonna make me use my ink quirk again today?" I asked nervously.

"No, I'll let you take a break for today, there's no point in exhausting you further than necessary, you'll work on improving your pyrokinesis combination." He answered. I sighed in relief and relaxed a bit.

"Is it really that bad?" Jazzy asked concerned.

I nodded "It's always gonna be that bad until I either get the side effect under control or get used to fighting blind." I said.

"You aren't pushing him too hard, are you Shota?"

"You're being way too overprotective 'Zashi," dad replied. Jazzy gasped in shock and pretended to be offended.

"Well of course I am, Izuku is my baby!" Jazzy exclaimed and hugged me tightly which in return caused my entire face to go red. The others around us laughed at my situation while dad just sighed.

"He is fine, right Izuku?" Dad asked and I nodded while sending Todoroki a look telling him to help me but he just looked away.

"Traitor," I whispered. 

"What was that?" Jazzy asked with a slight smirk and dad snorted. Dang them and the fact that they've adapted to hearing me. I knew that smirk on Jazzy's face, he was gonna tickle me for trying to get out of his hug. I quickly pulled myself out of the hug and hid behind Todoroki which was completely pointless as he had no problem letting Jazzy get to me. Jazzy pinned me to the ground and started tickling me causing to join my classmates in their laughing unwillingly.

"Alright settle down you two, it's time to get ready for school," Dad said pulling Jazzy off me. Todoroki helped me up and I gave him a playful glare for sacrificing me to Jazzy so quickly. 

Dad and Jazzy left for the school probably so they could get ready before we all showed up as too. At this point, our classmates had gone back to eating and engaging in their own conversations while Todoroki and I grabbed our bags and headed out before everyone else since we liked being early and someone else had offered to do dishes this morning.

- A small time skip -

The school day had felt faster than usual probably due to it being the end of the week and me finally getting a break from my ink quirk which brought me to another task, it was time to go grocery shopping again.

After our struggles with grocery shopping last time Todoroki and I decided that just us two shopping for food for twenty students that will last for two weeks was not a good idea so dad and Jazzy agree to help with them conquering one half of the store and todoroki and I getting the other half. We made pretty good time and the four of us were able to carry all the groceries back into the dorms in just a couple of trips. 

Todoroki and I decided to put away all the groceries since we had both established a nice organizing system to follow and we didn't want anything out of place. "Hey, Izuku can I ask you something?"

I giggled a bit "You just did but you may ask me something else." I replied.

"So I was wondering if maybe next weekend you would like to go see a movie and go shopping at the mall," Todoroki asked not looking directly at me, I think he was nervous.

"Sure," I said smiling "I would like that." I blushed a little for some reason.

Todoroki and I walked out to the lounge where several others were watching tv, I was about to sit down and watch with them until what I heard what they were watching.

"This just in the very powerful flame villian Hisashi Midoriya has escaped his cell in prison and is on a rampage demanding for his son to show himself, we advise all civilians to stay off main roads and out of sight until further notice."

I froze in place and started shaking, no this can't be happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 805

*leaves slightly shorter than normal chapter here and runs* I'M SORRY!!!!!