Chapter 18

Izuku's POV

     "Izuku, it's time to get up, you're moving into the dorms today," Dad said standing in the doorway of my room. I nodded and got up, I wasn't really looking forward to moving into the dorms but dad and Jazzy keep reassuring me that I will be fine.   

By the time we got there, everyone else was waiting outside, most of them looked excited to be here. Dad stood in front and got the classes attention before explaining the rules and the structure of the dorm. Once he was done explaining everything he sent us inside to look around and set up our rooms. Before I went in dad stopped me, "Are you ok Izuku?" he asked. I just nodded and went inside to unpack and set up my room.

I went inside my room and I was a pretty big room so there was no way I could fill it with my stuff. I'm not sure I'm ready for this it's so empty and there's nobody in here but me. I'll just unpack really quick and then go downstairs with the others.

I practically ran back downstairs to the common room when I finished unpacking. It's not like I really talk to anyone but just being around them keeps me from feeling alone or anything. I sat next to Todoroki as he was the one I was the most comfortable around. He nodded at me simply to acknowledge me and then went back to doing whatever he was doing on his phone. I looked around and realized that there were only three other people here, the rest must not be done yet. 

I opened the book I had with me and started reading. I didn't sleep last night or the night before so I was pretty tired but I tried to stay awake anyways. I read probably two chapters of my book before I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep leaning against Todoroki.

"Izuku, hey it's time to get up the girls want to do something." I heard someone say while gently shaking me. I blinked my eyes a couple of times before becoming fully aware of my surroundings and situation. I quickly sat up realizing I was still leaning on Todoroki.

"S-sorry Todoroki, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you," I said feeling quite embarrassed, even more so when I heard someone giggle. 

"It's fine Izuku, anyone could see you were exhausted," Todoroki said. I just nodded and looked around and realized that almost everyone was here. 

"Izuku we are going to go see everyone's rooms and have a competition on who's is the best!" Uraraka said. I nodded again and Todoroki and I stood up following everyone to the rooms. My room was one of the first rooms we looked at and I think I surprised everyone with how empty my room is but I would only ever be in here to do homework and sleep so what's the point in decorating a bunch.

We moved on from my room pretty quickly since there wasn't much to see and moved on to Todoroki's room since it was right next to mine, after that we looked at Iida's room. The room tours continued for about an hour before we finally finished and went back common room. The rest of the class eventually voted on a winner although I can't remember who it was since I wasn't paying much attention. 

Maybe I'll cook dinner for everyone, that could be fun I usually offered to cook for dad and Jazzy since neither of them really knew how and they appreciated eating real food. I walked into the kitchen to see if there was anything to cook and low and behold there was...absolutely nothing, I guess I'll have to go to the store. I texted dad and asked if he could put some money on the card he gave me so I could go grocery shopping whenever I needed to.

I walked out to the common room and over to Todoroki again. "H-hey Todoroki, I need to grocery shopping for the dorms, do you think you could come with?" I asked nervously.

"Sure do you want me to ask the class if there is anything they want?" I nodded and sat down while he collected suggestions for meals and snacks. Once he was done and dad texted back saying he had put money on the card and making sure I had someone with me Todoroki and I headed off. 

Thankfully there was a store not too far from here so we wouldn't have too much trouble carrying the food back to the dorms. Todoroki took out the list and handed it to me, there was a lot of suggestions for snacks and meals which is good I guess since now I'll know I'm making food they like. I grabbed a cart and Todoroki grabbed a second one since we know we'll need both. Ok so maybe walking back with these won't be a great idea but I'm sure we'll manage. 

Todoroki and I made small talk as we shopped it was fun though mainly because one, he didn't ask super personal questions and two, I didn't have to talk about anything I didn't want to. By the end of the shopping trip, we had filled up not one, not two, but three carts of food and snacks that I'm not even one hundred percent sure are food. How we managed to push three carts around while there are only two of us well I pushed one and Todoroki dragged one behind him and in between us I dragged the cart with one hand while Todoroki pushed it with the other hand. And that my friend is how you push three full carts around a giant store when there are only two people, now time to call dad.

"Hey, dad do you think you could pick us up from the grocery store?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1003