Chapter 10

Izuku Aizawa POV

    It's been a few months since I moved in with the two heroes and my hero training was now in full swing. It's been weird having my wounds healed and not being beaten on the daily, I don't miss it or anything it's more like I don't know what to do with it. Sometimes I find myself purposely getting hurt during training. Am I addicted to the pain? I'm not sure and what am I supposed to do about it if I am? I haven't cut myself or anything, but the thought has tempted me. I just don't want to disappoint anyone.

"Izuku it's time for quirk training!" I heard dad yell from the other room. I walked to the living room and got my shoes on then dad, Jazzy, and I headed to the car. Jazzy doesn't always come with but sometimes he likes to watch, I do physical training with Mirio and the others during the evening, they were second years now. Dad has had a lot more free time since he expelled an entire class of first years which is why I have so much training time, I think it was a little harsh but he said they had no potential. 

"Which quirk am I training today?" I whispered as my voice still wasn't fully restored. 

"Restrain, as of right now you can only hold someone for about three seconds that's hardly any time our goal today is to get it up to five seconds and tomorrow up to seven we will work on this the rest of the week." I just nodded in response I knew this was gonna be a long week, two seconds might not seem like very long but it feels a lot longer when you are forcing someone to stay still. 

"Alright, we are here, 'Zashi will be the one you are freezing he will run at you and you have to stop him before he gets to you and cuff him before he breaks free got it?" I nodded and stood on the opposite side of the arena. Jazzy ran at me and I froze him running as quick as I could but he still broke free before I reached him. I froze him again and grabbed the cuffs and tried cuffing him before he broke free but ended up finding myself pinned before I even knew it. I was out of breath and I only caught him twice no wonder dad wants me to train with it.

I jumped up and ran back to the other side of the arena and got ready to try again. Alright, this time I will let him get close to me before freezing him that way I only have to do it once and probably catch him. I waited as he rushed towards me, he looked confused as to why I wasn't moving but continued none the less. Once he got within a couple of feet of me I activated my quirk and jumped behind him. Pinned again. "How?" I whispered. I got to my feet again and made another plan. This time I will run at him while he runs at me and then I'll jump at him with the cuffs and BAM, got him. 

I started running first this time and he ran too I jumped above him but he grabbed my leg and pinned again. Ok, another plan then now I'm going to- "Izuku! focus on your quirk, not your planning." dad yelled. I sighed and nodded, ok focus on the quirk I have to stop overthinking this. Jazzy and I went to our sides of the arena. Alright, Izuku you got this. I looked a Jazzy as he ran at me once more. I closed my eyes and focused only on freezing him long enough to capture him. I opened my eyes again and looked at Jazzy and froze him this time walking to him so I could concentrate on keeping him still, he eventually broke free and pinned me but we were all smiling anyway "Four seconds Izuku that time, good job."

Training continued on for about three more hours and I never once won but at the end of it, I reached my goal of five seconds which was all we really cared about so I wasn't too disappointed about losing every match. "Alright, Izuku you have two hours till your training with Mirio I want you to eat and then rest."

"I already ate today dad," I whispered. Even though I've been here for a few months I can still only eat about once a day without getting sick, the doctor said that would probably never change. I was still skinny but not as unhealthy as I was before.

"Do you promise?" He asked and I nodded before heading up to my room. Now even though dad said to rest I'm not going too, I still have nightmares frequently and I'm not about to risk that ruining my day. Also being in my room is the only time I'm ever alone, not because they don't trust me or anything I just can't stand being alone anytime else, I'll only ever be up here twenty minutes alone unless I'm sleeping before I go sit with Jazzy and dad. They've never talked to me about it but they know I'm afraid of being alone. 

I decided to do my own mental training, physical and quirk strength aren't the only thing needed to be a hero, and we've discovered my mental state isn't the best, I still breakdown often with memories of the place I grew up in. I look down at the scars on my arms and remember exactly how each one was made. I teared up a the thought, jeez I can't even think of this stuff for a second without crying. I'm so weak, why do I want to feel pain again I hated it there why am I so tempted to hurt my self lately? I looked at the pocket knife on the dresser and then quickly looked away "No heroes don't cut," I said quietly to myself before looking back at the knife "but one or two couldn't hurt."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1040