Chapter 17

Izuku Aizawa POV

The rest of the day went smoothly, for the most part, nobody asked me any more questions or even really talked to me. Everything was fine until the end of the day. "Alright listen up class, we had planned to move you into the dorms later into the year but due to a lot of villain activity in the area recently we plan to have you all moved to the dorms by Friday. Please talk to your parents about this." dad said with his normal bored tone of voice. How am I supposed to deal without having dad or Jazzy around, not seeing them for part of the day was difficult enough. I'm going to be alone. 

"Izuku, the bell rang, are you alright?" Dad asked now right in front of me.

"Sorry dad I guess I didn't realize, I'm fine don't worry." I lied and he knew it but he didn't press.

"Well let's get 'Zashi and go home." He said and I nodded and stood up following him the class Jazzy was in. They talked for a minute before we left to go home I stayed silent just thinking about how I would deal with being in the dorms without them. I knew I would have to go to the dorms eventually I just didn't think it would be so soon. 

Once we got home I ate a little bit so dad and Jazzy didn't worry and went upstairs to get ready for training with Mirio, he offered to let me have the day off but I insisted I would go anyway. Once Mirio graduates and becomes a hero he won't have as much time to train with me so I have to train while I can.

I changed into comfortable training clothes before heading off. We were close enough to the training grounds now that I could just walk but I was always very on guard even more so today since dad mentioned the villain activity. Luckily though I met up with Mirio just fine and we got started. Today was just our standard training routine which was good because I was already kind of tired. 

I did my three-mile run first, I am able to go the whole three miles without walking so Mirio said he would increase the distance next time. Next, I just did normal things like situps, pushups, climbing, etc. Once I was done with those Mirio said we could just call it a day and go to the cafe. Usually we sparred until it was time for me to go back home but sometimes we went to the cafe. I haven't eaten today so I should be alright to eat there as long as Mirio lets dad know. 

We walked in silence to the cafe which was normal since I still wasn't much of a communicator. "Hey you two, are the others not with you today?" One of the employees named Ari asked once we arrived.

"No, they had homework today and couldn't make it so it's just us," Mirio replied. Ari nodded and showed us our table, we ordered and waited for our food and drinks to arrive. "So how was your first day of school?"

"It was alright, nobody could hear me when I spoke though, well Todoroki did but he was the only one, he had to speak for me almost every time. I hope they don't start asking too many questions though I don't think I could handle that." I said looking down at the wooden table using my nails to trace the little lines on it.

"I'm sure everything will work out Izuku, and if anyone gives you any trouble just come find me and I'll teach them a lesson......I can't hurt them though because that's not very heroic of me, I'll still teach em a lesson though!" Mirio said excitedly. 

I laughed a little, "Thank you Mirio I appreciate that." 

"Anything for my little bro," he said ruffling my hair. Mirio isn't adopted or anything we just see each other as brothers so Mirio has started calling me his little brother which I didn't mind. 

We finished eating soon after our food got here and starting walking back to my house so I could get ready for tomorrow and also start packing for the dorms not that I really have much stuff since I don't ask for much. I'm still worried about the dorms, I've never really been separated from dad or Jazzy for more than a few hours at a time. I won't chicken out though, I have to get over it eventually, I can't keep being afraid. What if we have roommates, that would be cool. Wait what if it ends up being one of the kids who don't like me! Maybe roommates aren't such a good idea. 

"Izuku, your mumbling and also we're at your house," Mirio said bringing me back down to Earth.

"Ah, sorry Mirio, I'll see you tomorrow," I said running inside, I always get embarrassed when someone catches me mumbling yet I can't break the habit no matter how hard I try. 

"Hey Izuku," Jazzy said as I entered. I looked around and didn't see dad around so I assume he's sleeping or doing hero work. I walked over to the couch and sat next to Jazzy and started feeling the full effect of today kick in and make me tired. This was a normal thing when I got back from training I was usually pretty tired and ended up laying on the couch next to Jazzy or dad whoever was there at the time. I didn't even have time to have a small conversation before I drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 957