Chapter 9

Izuku Aizawa POV

    I woke up again to find the classroom completely empty. I still felt pretty bad and probably shouldn't be up and moving around but I seem to have developed a fear of being alone and I did feel a little better then earlier so I'm gonna go look for either Shota or Hizashi. Once I stood up I immediately felt a wave of dizziness hit me but it soon went away so I chose to ignore it. I looked around for a note or something that might tell me where Shota was but didn't see anything, he probably didn't expect me to be up yet but I'll just go to Hizashi's classroom hoping that's where Hizashi would be. I grabbed my blanket and started to look for where the classroom was, luckily for me he isn't exactly the quietest person. I covered my ears as I got closer to the classroom, either I have really sensitive ears or these kids are just used to it. Fortunately, he quieted down before I actually got to his classroom. I nervously knocked on the door not knowing if he would actually want me in his classroom and not knowing how the other students would react to me being there. I looked up again when he opened the door.

"Izuku? What are you doing here I thought you were with Shota?" He said inviting me into the room.

'I was but when I woke up a couple of minutes ago no one was there and well I came here because I didn't really want to be alone.' I signed looking down embarrassed that out of all the thing I could be scared of it was being alone.

"Don't be embarrassed it's alright. I know, how about you stay in here with me and then once I get done teaching this class I will call Shota and see where he is alright?" I nodded and sat down next to his desk and wrapped myself in my blanket again as I listened to the lesson, I already knew the stuff since Kurogiri taught me at a college level but I still paid attention in case I missed something there eventually came a more difficult question that nobody seemed to answer and Hizashi didn't seem surprised so this must be a question not many know the answer to. Hesitantly I raised my hand a little. "Izuku do you know the answer?" He asked a little shocked since these were a class of third years and I was only thirteen. I shyly nodded. "Do you think you could write it on the board?" he asked and I nodded again. I slowly stood up and walked to the board and wrote down the answer before sitting back down. "That is correct, good job Izuku."

The class ended not long after that and Hizashi called Shota. Apparently the trip to the USJ was taking a lot longer than he had expected but he had promised to be back by lunch. I decided that until then I would try to sleep under Hizashi's desk but first I was gonna ask about giving him a nickname or something. I went up and tapped him on the shoulder, he quickly turned to look at me. "What is it Izuku?"

'Well I was wondering if maybe I could give you a nickname or something, it's not like there is anything wrong with your name it's just it sounds kinda like Hisashi and you know I don't really have good experiences with him. It's fine if you don't want me to call you anything else but-'

"Woah Izuku, calm down, it's fine if you want to call me something else did you have anything in mind?"

'How about Jazzy, the nickname reminds me of you for some reason.'

"That works, now go get some sleep before Shota gets here, he'll be mad if he finds out I kept you up." He said and I nodded curling up in my blanket under the desk and falling asleep quicker than you can blink your eyes.

Shota Aizawa POV

We are on our way back to the main building now after taking two extra hours at the USJ. I am a little worried about Izuku but I know Hizashi wouldn't ever let anything happen to him. By the time we arrived it was lunch time so I sent the students to the cafeteria before heading to the classroom Hizashi was in. 

When I got there I only saw Hizashi but no Izuku I was instantly concerned. "Where's Izuku?!" Hizashi put his finger to his lips as to tell me to be quieter before pointing under his desk where I saw Izuku curled up in a ball sound asleep. Wait...did Hizashi the school's resident megaphone just tell ME to be quiet. I shook off the thought and looked back up at Hizashi. "We need to wake him up he needs to eat," I said getting down and gently shaking Izuku awake. When he woke up it looked like he was terrified of something and there were tears running down his face. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked him he didn't answer and instead and clung to me as if I was going to disappear. Hizashi and I shared a worried glance before I looked back at Izuku who had buried his head in my neck. "Izuku?" He looked up at me. "Are you ok? I asked and he nodded.

'I'm fine I just had a nightmare is all.' he signed 'Can we go eat now I'm hungry?' he asked and I quickly nodded the more willing he is to eat the better. The three of us walked to the teachers lounge since there is better food there and we didn't want Izuku to be overwhelmed with students. When we got there Izuku's eyes lit up 'So many heroes.' he signed probably without even realizing it. I chuckled at this, and here I was worried he would be scared around all these adults he didn't know. Whatever had him so terrified earlier was far in the back of his mind as he looked around the room of heroes. 

"Alright Izuku I'm sure everyone would love to chat with you but you need to eat first." 

'Yes sir.' he signed sitting down at a table. Finally I'll get this kid to eat something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1066

So next chapter I'm thinking I'll do one of the big time skips since I feel like I really need to get this story moving a bit, it'll be a couple months or so in the future.