Chapter 7

Thai's Pov

"I wonder if this change is permanent," I wondered out loud.

"Probably," Laos replied.

I wasn't actually looking for a reply but it was fine by me. We went up straight to the classroom instead of hanging around with the other students in the cafeteria. We sat outside, leaning against the wall since our current classroom was considered a special room which needed some teacher's identification card or something.

  "Are you guys okay with going home alone today? I'm hanging out with some people," I asked, feeling a little guilty about leaving them out.

  "Yeah sure," Laos nodded.

"That means I can hang out with Myanmar today, yes?" Our little sister asked, her voice sounded hopeful.

"Yeah, just be safe," I replied.

"How about me?" Laos asked, he seemed to be laughing yet tearing since he'd most likely be alone.

  "Cheer up," I said, patting his back, "You could go hang around Mal and the others."

  Laos nodded while sniffing. I knew he was just exaggerating so I just gave him a little smile.

  "Hey people."

  I looked up as I recognised Singa's voice. Laos stood up and hugged Brunei tightly.

  "Bru are you free later? Those meanies left me out!" Laos asked quickly as his eyes were squeezed shut.

  "Yeah..." Brunei replied, "Yeah! We can go to the park if you'd like later."

  I sighed as Uncle Asean arrived. Cam and I stood up and looked at him as he opened the door.

  "I don't know how long you guys have been waiting but go in first, we'll start when the bell rings 'cause not everyone's here yet."

  We followed the previous lesson's sitting arrangement. I still sat alone, Singa and Bru was sitting at the paired tables next to me. Cam sat behind me, Laos at the back of the class. I stood up and left without saying anything since class hasn't started yet. I went down to the cafeteria which was still packed with students.

"Thai!"

I smiled as I recognised that cheery voice. I turned to see my friends, I waved to them as they quickly approached with their bags.

"Good morning!" I greeted.

"So we're still meeting up later, right?"

"Of course!" I giggled, "how could I cancel a plan last minute?"

Canada laughed softly, Ukraine simply smiled on. We spent a few more minutes talking until I looked at the clock and realised that class would start soon.