Chapter 21

Vietnam's Pov

[Vietnam] I went to grab a snack, I'll meet directly at the mall.

[Singapore] Alright! Bru's also coming along if that's okay.

[Vietnam] Of course!
read, 2.30p.m.

I put my phone aside as I continued to eat the biscuits I had bought earlier. I was already at the mall enjoying the air conditioning while waiting for the pair. When I stood up to throw away my wrapper, I spot Singa rushing up to me with Brunei trailing behind.

"Hey, sorry for making you wait," she said quickly.

"It's okay! Let's get going," I reply while pulling down my nón lá.

"Do you want to do a DIY present for them or do you want to find a pre-made gift?" Singa asked while we went up the escalator.

"Maybe it'll feel like it means something if we do it by ourselves," Brunei replied.

I nodded, we stopped by the art shop just to see if there was anything we could get. We found a couple colouring materials and paper but decided to go to other shops before purchasing the items.

  We spent about an hour roaming around the mall, getting a little distracted, buying some drinks as well as looking for things to get. When we weren't making any progress, we sat down at the seats in the mall.

  "Well what should we get them?" Brunei began.

  "Maybe simple cards?" I suggested.

  "That'll work, I wonder why we spent so much time on this," Singa replied, shrugging her shoulders.

  "Well, you're good friends with Hong Kong like I am with China, I guess we just want to get them nice things," I stated.

"Yeah, you're right," Singa stood up, "let's buy the materials?"

Brunei and I nodded, we followed Singa quickly. We got some coloured paper, ribbons and stickers. As we went home we saw China, South Korea and another country who I recognised as my classmate. The three of us took a long detour just to avoid him.

  "Can we study after we're done with the cards?"

  "Ah Singa, still talking about studying, can't we take a break sometimes?" I giggled.

  "Come on! Exams are just 'round the corner anyway!" Singa snapped but it quickly dissolved into laughter.

  "Yeah, yeah," I shrugged, "okay then."

When we reached home, the place was like a desert, it was empty with some pictures lying on the floor. The three of us glanced around and at each other before walking towards the sofa area to pick up the pictures. We looked at the pictures, one was Mal and Singa when they were much younger.

I felt someone peer over to look at the picture I was looking at but when I spun around, I only saw Singapore walking away. I placed the pictures on the table before following Singa with Brunei by my side. We went to Singa and Bru's room since I might disturb Myanmar if he was even in there.

•••
Author's notes :
I realised that I made Viet wear a bow in the one of the previous chapters (I actually went back to read) and a nón lá in this. But let's just say she randomly takes an accessory everyday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cya guys! o/