Chapter 13

Sk's Pov

  "Come on, why won't you come out? I've been worrying about you all day!" I kept banging on North's bedroom door.

  He locked his door and I think he kept the keys in his room so I couldn't unlock it from the outside. After a while, I gave up and went to the front door where someone began knocking on. I knew who it was; Rus and Ame, I had invited them yesterday. I opened the door, not exactly sure about what I should be feeling. I kept quiet as we began to play a staring game until someone spoke up.

  "Haven't talked to North?" Ame asked quietly.

  I shook my head and looked up, unsure if my tears wanted to spill. Just when I wanted to look back at my friends, Ame gave me a gentle hug and patted me on my back a few times. He whispered something but I didn't catch it, I was too busy trying to control my tears which I failed miserably at.

Rus didn't say anything but I saw him give a nervous smile. He closed the front door which was still open and we went to the dining table, it was then I realised that Russia was holding two red translucent plastic bags. When he took out the containers, they were soup. They bought four bowls but North was still in his room.

  We slowly drank it, leaving one container aside, Rus and Ame tried comforting me as we drank. We managed to talk for about two hours, and I wasn't even done with my soup while it managed to become cold. I quickly finished it before my friends had to leave. I bid them goodbye for the day but I frowned as the front door closed with me alone in the living room.

  I went to place the extra container of soup at North's door with a little note and I slid it through the bottom of his room door. There I saw another note.

•••
Author's notes :
THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE HAPPIER I SWEARR