Chapter 20

Singa's Pov

"Hey South?" I called, looking up from my diary.

"Yeah?"

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked shyly.

South stared at me, we were in class. Our teacher hadn't come today and the relief teacher let us do anything provided we weren't too noisy. South quickly smiled and patted my head gently.

  "No, that was just North being North."

  I gave a little smile back. Both of us began drawing which I was horrible at. South on the other hand was much better. I could see Germany watching us once a while as he read his book. South asked if he wanted to join but he shook his head and said that he'd rather watch.

It got boring after a while, South, Germany and I decided to do revision together. We began with geography which South openly admitted that he was bad at. Germany nodded, agreeing with South's point while giggling. We helped out each other for the subjects we studied until the lesson was over.

  I took my bag and went for my next class. I stopped by Cam and Timor's class and waited for them since the next lesson was basically everyone who was in Uncle Asean's class. I smiled to the pair when they walked out and we went to the classroom together, Cambodia lead the way while I trailed behind. Nothing extraordinary happened, the rest of the class was still outside waiting.

  "Sorry, our teacher dismissed us a bit late," Timor said to Indo.

  I sat next to Timor, "I was waiting for them."

"Bru and Phil went to the toilet," Indo said while nodding.

I turned to Mal who shifted closer to me. We began talking about our classes until Uncle Asean came to open the door. Brunei and Philippines talked to Indonesia when they came back. When we went into class, it was awkward, especially when Bru and I stared at the desk and at each other once in a while. I just hoped to get through class faster.

  The fact that we had to do discussion and sharing made it worse. While the rest were discussing and talking happily, Bru and I stared down and at each other unsure if we should speak or not. I sighed, I didn't do anything wrong.

  "Hey," I said softly, placing my hand on his.

  He looked up and we soon smiled at each other. Brunei also heaved a little sigh and both of us began talking like normal.