Chapter 9

Nk's Pov

I laid on the sofa, the television was turned on. It was early in the morning and I didn't have any plans for the day. It was a public holiday and I figured that the places around outside would be pretty crowded. I wasn't sure what South was up to for the day but I sat up when there was some knocking on the front door. I opened the door and saw a my friends, along with their siblings.

"Hey North!" Ame greeted.

"Hi," I replied simply as I let them in.

"Hm, where's South?" Russia asked after a while.

"I'm not sure," I replied shaking my head.

Russia and America sat at the sofa, their brothers sat at the dining table. Canada and Ukraine were just chatting While Rus and Ame watched whatever I left playing on the television.

"You guys want a drink?" I asked the young couple.

Ukraine kept silent while Canada just asked for plain water for the both of them. I nodded and got them water while taking some Vodka for my friends.

"Don't drink too much," I laughed as I placed some cups on the coffee table.

The coffee table was just in front of the sofa, made of wood. We all starting talking and drinking a little when the front door opened. I figured it was just South and I continued to converse with the other two.

"Just come in, it's okay."

I heard South say, eh? He isn't alone? I looked up and saw someone peeping in from the doorway. They came in after a while, slowly and walked up to South.

"North, she wanted to visit you," South said, nodding to the other country.

"Oh, uh, come sit here, Singapore," I said, giving a tiny smile to welcome her.

She seemed a bit reluctant but came and sat down next to me. South followed behind but went to the other side where America was sitting at. South didn't really talk, he seemed a bit too interested in the news which I left turned on.

"So what brings you here?" I asked quietly.

"It's a public holiday so I figured I'd come."

"How'd you find your way here though?" I asked even though it seemed obvious; she had asked South for help.

  "Well, I recognised your brother," She said.

  I nodded slowly, "don't you have...like...your other friends?"

  "They wanted to hang out with some other people like Netherlands, China and Spain."

  "Come," I said after a while.

  I stood up and excused myself from my friends. I did have a glance at the other two, they seemed to be chatting happily. I opened the white door which was next to our bathroom.

  The door had a sign which said "KEEP OUT", it was mostly written in a messy handwriting as I had it since young, I still kept it 'cause South sometimes came in without permission. I went in, Singapore sat on the bed as I picked up some clothes that were lying on the ground.

  "That's a really messy room," Singapore commented.

  "Yeah..." I nodded, a little embarrassed.

  "Your bed's soft," She laughed, lying down, her legs were dangling from the side.

  "I thought there'd be more privacy here to talk since my friends are outside," I quickly explained.

  Singa nodded, "You seem nice."

  I blinked, "Thanks? I've mostly only been told the opposite."

  "Well those people just don't know you," Singa sighed.

  "You're pretty cool too," I smiled and sat down on the bed, leaning against the wall.

  "So you speak Korean?" She began.

  "Yeah, and you...?" I asked seeing as I couldn't figure out what language she could speak, "some singapore language?"

  "Well, that's Singlish," she laughed, "just joking, maybe not, but I can speak multiple languages, mainly English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil."

  I nodded, "that's a lot, how do you learn so many?"

  "Hm, I don't know, it just seems natural to me," Singa replied, she was still lying down, staring at the ceiling.