| 18 |

monet and jordan were at the mall just to hang out. it was a mini -date as monet called it.

 " how you been ? " monet asked as they walked around. they hadn't come across a store they wanted to go in , so they were just eye - shopping and talking.

 " i been good. i'm a lil worried about my jass and jaylen though , " jordan said shrugging. monet furrowed her eyebrows and looked down next to jordan who was a few inches shorter than her.

 " why ? " she asked.

jordan sighed. " cause they play too damn much. they was tryna get back together , but shit keep getting in the way. i don't know what they doing now. i just want them to be together , but they keep messing with other people. they really do love each other. "

 " sound like they need to get they priorities in check. if they really wanna get back together , they need to cut off whoever else they talking to and start over. "

jordan thought for a moment and agreed. " would you do that ? "

monet looked at jordan then looked forward again. " for somebody i love ? hell yeah. i don't play games , babygirl. it's not in me no more to even be talking to multiple people at the same time. "

 " no more ? " jordan asked raising an eyebrow. monet laughed at her and locked their hands. jordan's heart skipped a little , but she tried to her best to remain calm.

 " yeah. i tried being a hoe. ian like it. it's stressful , and my heart too big to hurt so many people at once. i can't just fuck somebody over and not care. i just ain't wired like that , " monet said swinging their hands like a child.

 " that's good to know , " jordan said feeling relieved. the two walked in a comfortable silence before coming across tommy hilfiger.

 " mann , ian been in here in so long , " jordan said dragging monet behind her as she ran into the store.

 " damn shordy. slow down , " monet laughed as she tried keeping up. jordan ignored her as she looked at the clothes like a kid in a candy store.

" nah , you just need to keep up , " jordan said laughing. she let go of monet and looked through the shelves and racks.

monet let jordan wonder off as she looked around at some of the shirts on the other side of the store. a dark blue tommy collared shirt with a big white "H" on the left side of the chest was one of the first things that grabbed her attention. she grabbed it off the shelf and held it up to her body.

 " oh yessir , " she said nodding at her reflection. she decided to buy the shirt.

 " still in love with blue , huh ? " she heard a female voice ask. she turned around and saw one of the last people she ever wanted to see.

" oh hell nawl , " monet said trying to head to the register. before she could get far enough , the girl grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

" peyton , don't touch me bruh , " monet said smacking her lips and snatching away from her. " i will really smack the shit out yo ass right now. "

peyton fake pouted and laughed. " still mad , baby ? i told you it was a mistake , " she smirked rubbing her tongue against the top of her mouth.

 " a mistake ? how the fuck was that a mistake ? " monet balled her fists , but she loosened her grip when a stud came up behind peyton.

" what's the problem ? " the stud asked snaking her arm around peyton's waist.

monet rolled her eyes and laughed. " bunch of goofies. lemme go find my girl , " she said before walking off and looking for jordan. she spotted her already at the register getting her bag from the cashier. monet let her grab her bag and threw her arm over her shoulder.