13 - Time

Y/n pov

I had been in the lab for days. Normally Natasha would be the one to pull me out of the room to train but she never did so I assumed that she was still at Stark Industries.

It was about 2:00 am. I was testing a solution known as lithium dioxide. I injected it into the skin of my neck and hopefully watched the rash from the infection.

I smiled widely when the rash disappeared from my neck. I pulled my shirt down a bit and frowned when I still saw the rash. I guess that it only lessened the effects of the poison. I was slightly disappointed that it was not a solution but it was better than nothing.

I turned to my computer and recorded my results before getting to work on a few more sets of the injection to keep with me.

When I finished, I called Nat. She picked up within a few rings. "This is Natalie Rushman speaking. What can I do for you?"

I frowned before realizing that that was the alias that she was using to go undercover at the company. I listened a little more closely to the voices I heard in the background. One particular voice caught my attention. It was Tony. I took a sharp intake of breath.

"Hello?" Natasha broke me out of my thoughts.

I sighed. "Sorry, Natalie. I found a temporary solution to our little poison problem. It's called Lithium Dioxide and It doesn't get rid of the effects but it slows them down."

"That's good to hear. I'll report to Fury. I have to go. I'm sure you know why. Thanks."

"Bye."

She hung up after that and I stood from the chair at my desk. I headed for my room and face-planted on my bed. I had planned to get up but before I knew it I fell into a peaceful sleep.

-

My ringtone woke me up the next morning at 10:00 am. I sighed. It better not be Tony again. He had non-stop been calling and texting me since I left and didn't show up for about a month. I never answered his calls. He yelled at me for something I didn't have a choice in and told me to get out and he expects me to forgive him so easily. Had I known that I would be leaving so soon and for such a long while, I would have asked for some time.

Once I saw that the caller I.D was not Tony, I answered. "This is Y/n L/n speaking. How may I help you?"

"Agent L/n." It was Director Fury. "I need you in Malibu with the Lithium Dioxide. You have three hours." He hung up.

-

Three hours later I stepped out of the back of the jet and threw on a pair of sunglasses to keep the sun out of my eyes. I saw Natasha in the distance standing next to a car and I made my way over there. I greeted her with a hug and she opened the trunk for me to put my stuff. "Did Fury tell you what you're doing?"

"No, but I have a guess because he told me that I needed to bring the Lithium Dioxide." I frowned at the thought of seeing Tony again. I miss him dearly, but after the way he reacted, I'm not sure if I'm ready to see him again.

"Are you ready to see him?" Natasha voiced my thoughts as I placed my luggage in the car.

"Honestly... no. But I'm gonna have to at some point. Might as well be now." She nodded and got into the driver set of the car while I went to the passenger seat and got in.

-

We pulled up to a donut shop a bit outside the city. I could only assume that Fury was inside with Tony.

I grabbed an injection of the lithium dioxide and held it in my hand as we exited the car and walked to the back door. I looked at her in question and she shrugged. "Just go with it. He still doesn't know about me."