31 - I Can't Sleep

Y/n pulled up to hers and Tony's home and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. A large stuffed bunny stood at the front of the home. The woman got out of the car and leaned on the door, shaking her head and sighing with a small smile on her face.

When she entered the home, she was digging her hand around in her purse, "I'm sorry I'm late. I was-" She looked up to see one of Tony's Iron Man suits sitting on the couch. "What the... You better not break the couch. I know how heavy those things are." She chuckled, "You're wearing this in the house now?" The woman asked, knowing full well that Tony was not in the suit and was testing out the new remote control technology for the suits they had been working to develop. 'Which suit is that? Like, Mark 16?"

Tony stood from his place on the couch and took a look at his finger, showing the print that said 'MK 42'. "Uh, yeah. Something like that." The female narrowed her eyes at his hesitation while he continued, "You know, everybody needs a hobby."

The girl sat down on a chair. "Oh, I'll have you know that your hobby is also my hobby. And you have to wear your hobby in the living room?"

"Just breaking it in." He made his way toward her. "You know, it's always a little pinchy in the gooey bag at first, so..." He trailed off as Y/n chuckled, "Well, hey, did you see your Christmas present?"

She began taking off her shoes. "Yes, I did. I... I don't know how I could've missed that Christmas present." Noticing papers lying on the coffee table in front of her, she picked them up and smiled upon realizing that they were pictures of Iron Man that seemed to be drawn by young children. "Is it gonna fit through the door?"

"Well, actually, it's a good question. I got a team of guys coming tomorrow. They're gonna blow out that wall."

Y/n didn't even bother to look back as the suit gestured to a wall behind her and continued to read the notes from the fan mail. "Okay."

"So, uh... Tense? Good day? Huh?" He went behind her and placed her hands on her shoulders, beginning to gently massage them, "Ooh, shoulders, a little knotty. Naughty girl." She sighed and leaned into his touch. "I don't want to harp on this, but did you like the custom rabbit?"

"Work was okay, I guess. Just finishing mission reports from last week's mission with Steve and Natasha. They miss you, by the way."

The metal fingers on her shoulder stopped and she looked up in question, as Tony's voice came through the speakers on the suit, "The bunny?" He leaned closer to her face, "Nailed it, right?"

"Wow." He stepped back from her as she stood up and turned to face him, "Is it huggable? Because," She knocked on the suit that now only stood a few inches from her, "this thing is not. So, why don't you lift up that face mask and give me a kiss?" She asked, knowing full well that Tony was not about to do that.

He knocked on his helmet and imitated the sound of a computer beeping, "Huh... Yep. Damn it, no can do. You wanna just kiss it on the... the facial slit?" The billionaire tapped his helmet where the mouth slit was.

"Uh-huh." She smiled and raised her eyebrows, "Well, why don't I run down to the garage and see if I can't find a crowbar to jimmy that thing open?" Y/n messed with the man.

The woman began to walk away from the vacant suit as he spoke, "Crowbar, yeah." He seemed calm until he realized that the woman was going into the space that he was currently hiding in. "Oh! Except there's been a radiation leak."

He was stammering, which caused the woman to smirk as she hopped down the stairs. "I'll take my chances."

"That's risky." She heard his voice straining as she made her way down the stairs. "At least let me get you like, a hazmat suit you can..." he grunted and she made it to the floor of the garage and saw him doing pull ups, "A Geiger counter or something like that." The woman turned around and noticed that the hollow suit was following her down the stairs, "Busted.