30 - Aldrich

Y/n walked into the Stark Industries building and briskly made her way up to the floor with Pepper's office. About half way there, the woman ran into Pepper talking with Happy. "Hey, we gotta get going. We're gonna be late."

Pepper nodded and Happy continued to speak, "Tony has got them in his basement. They're wearing party hats."

The taller woman's head perked up, "Dum-E? The arm robots?"

"This is an asset that we can put to use." Happy ignored the woman and continued to speak to the redhead. Y/n's eyebrows furrowed at this.

"Uh-huh." Pepper shrugged him off. "So you're suggesting that I replace the entire janitorial staff with robots." She stopped to sign a paper really quickly and they were on their way again.

"What I'm saying is that the human element of human resources is our biggest point of vulnerability. We should start phasing it out immediately."

Y/n looked at the man incredulously, "What?"

"Excuse me, Bambi," he looked at a orked who was not wearing his badge, "you should be wearing..." He trailed off.

"Did you just say that?" Pepper was baffled. "Happy? Okay. I am thrilled that you are now the Head of Security. Okay? It is the perfect position for you."

"Thank you."

"However-"

"I do appreciate it." Happy kept cutting her off.

"-since you've taken the post-"

"You don't have to thank me."

Y/n sighed and stepped in as Pepper was too nice to break it to the man, "Happy, we've had a rise in staff complaints of 300%."

The man smiled, "Thank you."

The taller girl rolled her eyes, "That is not a compliment. That's a bad thing."

"It's not a com... it is a compliment." He tried to reason, "Clearly, somebody's trying to hide something."

Y/n sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder to get his attention, "Happy, I work for a secret government agency," Her voice lowered as she spoke, "You know this. Everyone has something to hide. Everyone has secrets."

He looked at her, "Exactly!"

The woman sighed and dropped her head, shaking it as Pepper was approached by a secretary, "Excuse me." The three turned to look at the young woman, "Ms. Potts, Ms. L/n, your 4:00 is here."

"Thank you." Both women spoke at the same time.

"Did you clear this 4:00 with me?" Happy got closer to the secretary defensively.

"Happy, step back. I can kick your ass five ways to sunday." Y/n grabbed the back of his suit jacket and yanked him back. He opened his mouth to speak but immediately shut it when he saw the look on the woman's face.

Pepper took a step toward the office doors and Y/n moved to go with her. The redhead looked at the man, "Happy, we will talk about this later, but right now, we have to go deal with this very annoying thing."

"How so?"

Y/n spoke to the man, "She used to work with him and he used to ask her out all the time. And once she stopped working with him he would not stop bothering me. So, it's a little awkward."

Happy opened the door for them and they stepped in, "I don't like the sound of that."

The group of three caught sight of the man standing in the office all at the same time. He turned toward them, a smile on his face and a baby blue file in his hand.