23 - Called It

"Y/n! Y/n"

The female was awaken by Tony shaking her shoulders and pulling her up to a sitting position. When he saw the female open her eyes he sighed in relief and stood up. Reaching out a hand for her, she took it and he lifted her to a sitting position. She coughed a few times and rubbed her eyes as she leaned on him for support as they met up with Steve on the way out the door.

Steve nodded to the pair, "Put on the suits."

Tony stumbled out the door with the girl in his arms, "Yep!"

In the lab, Fury sat up from the ground and put a finger to his earpiece, "Hill!?"

The woman in the control room is yelling to agents as they pass by her, "Turn up that engine! Number 3 engine is down! Can we get a run in?" She ran over to the man that Tony had previously caught playing GALAGA, "Talk to me."

The man pointed to the monitor, "Turbine's loose. Mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air."

Maria frowned, "We lose one more engine, we won't be. Somebody's got to get inside and patch that engine."

Nick had heard the whole conversation and spoke again into the coms, "Stark! L/n! You copy that?!"

Tony and Y/n, who were now making their way through the ship and toward the room that held their suits, responded, "We're on it!"

The pair ran next to Steve and Tony looked at the soldier, "Find engine three. We'll meet you there."

Y/n made her way ahead and opened the door to the room that had her suit in it. She pressed a button on a remote and the wall opened up to reveal hers and Tony's suits standing next to each other.

-

"Stark, I'm here!"

Tony flew in with Y/n at his side, "Good. See what we got."

Y/n flew close to the broken edge of the carrier and frowned at all the damage. She looked to the man hovering beside her, "We have to get the super conducting cooling system back online before we can access the rotors."

Tony hummed in response, "I'll get the system back online. You work on making a pathway to the rotors so we can clear it as soon as possible." He looked to Steve who was waiting for direction, "I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position."

The Captain nodded and jumped across the hole and to the other side of the wall. He opens it up and frowns as his brow furrows.

Y/n spoke to the man as she used a laser in her suit to cut through layers of metal to make a pathway to the rotors. "What's it look like in there?"

Steve sighed in frustration, "It seems to run on some form of electricity."

Tony tilted his head to the side, "Well, you're not wrong."

The woman paused her work to go over to the captain and help him with the control panel. She landed next to him and gave it a once over before looking at him, "See these switches?" He nodded, "She reached out and flipped one that was facing the wrong direction, "Make sure they all look like that." She flew back to the other side of the hole to continue making her path as the soldier followed her commands.

After a couple minutes Y/n finished her pathway as Steve stood up and pushed the control panel back into the wall, "The relays are intact. What's our next move?"

Y/n sighed, "Even if we clear the rotors, they're not gonna re-engage without a jump." Tony paused a second and the female took notice, "Tony no. Don't even think about it. That's a stupid-"