Chapter 6: Dinner For Two

"Hilda! Mary Wardwell will be here for dinner!" Her sister walked around the corner. She wore a long black dress and red lipstick. 

"Sorry but I'm off to a date. Sabrina is at Harvey's and Ambrose was called into the Academy by Father Blackwood." 

"The Academy? He's under house arrest." Hilda shrugged. 

"Anyways, bye! Meat loaf is in the oven." Hilda left. Meat loaf? Great. I'm about to serve Mary cold meat loaf. Zelda went to her bedroom to change into something more appropriate for dinner. 

She sorted through her closet. She wanted something formal but not too formal. Nothing that would show off too much skin. 

Zelda picked a long black dress with the back cut out. The sleeves went to her wrists and the length down to the floor. Black pumps, diamond earrings and a thin diamond chain necklace were the final touches. She examined herself in the mirror and approved. 

Zelda went to the kitchen to heat up the meatloaf. She quickly, using magic, fixed up potatoes, corn and stuffing. She set the table with candles and their best china. A bottle of red wine and two glasses were added last. Zelda looked at the arrangement and sighed. This looks like a date. Fuck. 

The doorbell rang. Zelda immediately went to the door. She took in a deep breath. 

Lilith dressed herself in a black pencil skirt and a loose blood red silk blouse. A small gold chain with a ruby on the end hung off her neck. 

She made her way to the Spellman home, a bit nervous. It would be odd having dinner with the four Spellmans. She barely knew Ambrose. Hilda didn't seem the most fond of her. She was glad she gained Sabrina's trust back. But right now, she seemed to have Zelda in the palm of her hand. At first, Zelda was the last person she would expect to invite her over for dinner. 

Lilith walked up the steps of the Spellman home, taking in the old house. She knocked once and stepped forward, hoping to be face to face with Zelda. 

She watched the knob turn. A breath catching in her throat. 

"Mary. Come in."