Chapter 17: Zelda Phiona... Blackwood

Months went by without a word from the brunette woman, which Zelda was grateful for. Zelda had "gotten over" the woman and was now moving on. Hilda knew her sister was in a lot of pain over the breakup. Zelda was moving on too quickly, for she had started a relationship with Faustus Blackwood. 

The night Zelda had came home and announced she was to marry the man, Hilda could see through all the cover ups Zelda had told her. She saw a woman in great pain who lost the woman she loved so now she was marrying a man just for the sake of it. Hilda had tried to talk her sister out of the marriage but Zelda demanded she stopped talking of the past and except the future. 

Hilda sat through the wedding, itching to stop it. When Sabrina and Nick interrupted with their glamours of Edward and Diana, Hilda was relieved. That feeling went away quite quickly once she found out Zelda had went through with the wedding in Faustus' office. 

Hilda had to keep all her feelings to herself, for she had no one to talk to about Zelda. Sabrina and Ambrose hadn't the slightest idea about Zelda and Mary. She couldn't talk to Zelda unless she wanted to end up in the ground. Hilda had contemplated going to Mary to tell her about Zelda's wedding but Sabrina beat her to it. 

"Sabrina? Why, come inside." Lilith stepped aside for the girl to enter the warm home. "You looked distressed." 

"I am." Sabrina slouched down into a chair by the fire. 

"Would you like some tea?" Sabrina nodded. "What has you distressed, dear?" Lilith asked as she poured the girl a cup of green chai tea. 

"It's my Aunt Zelda." Lilith stopped for a brief moment before continuing with the tea. She handed the small porcelain cup filled with steaming tea over to the girl.

"And what about your Aunt," Lilith took in a breath, "Zelda that leaves you in a troubled state?" 

"She's doing all these rash decisions." Lilith grew curious of what the woman had been up to since their breakup. Lilith missed her greatly and felt horrible for saying the things she had. Lilith had barely slept, not that she needed it but it had left her behind in work and she cried nearly every night. 

"What kinda things is she doing?" 

Sabrina paused, taking a moments before speaking what had been on her mind since she found out about the proposal. 

"She married Faustus Blackwood. I mean… I've never gotten along with the man and I didn't think she did either so… I have no clue where this came from." Lilith felt tears sting her eyes but she fought through it. 

"What… uh… what do you think caused this decision… if you had to make a guess?" This hurt Lilith greatly. The woman she loved was in the hands of the man she detested. 

"I think something happened to her. I have no clue what but she seems different-"  

"In what way?" Lilith asked before Sabrina could even finish her thought. 

"Sad… she's sad." Lilith's heart ached. The pain she felt was greater than her love for the woman for it had been created from that love. 

"Do you mind if we continue this conversation another time? I'm quite tired and I need to get to bed." Sabrina nodded, leaving the cottage. Lilith broke down instantly, covering her mouth so no sobs would escape. Lilith cried till she didn't have any tears left to shed. Her body shook as she lay on the floor, a feeling of true loneliness washing over her.