Chapter 7: Lipstick Marks

"Thank you for having me, Zelda." Lilith walking into the house, looking up at the large staircase. Zelda closed the door. 

"I have a bit of bad news. It's just the two of us." Lilith shrugged. 

"Oh I don't mind. Maybe I prefer it that way?" Zelda felt herself blush, immediately turning her back on the woman. 

"I figured we would just have dinner in the kitchen. The dining room is two big for the both of us." Lilith followed Zelda into the kitchen and fought the urge to gasp. It looked as if it were a date. Like Zelda put a lot of effort into it. 

Lilith sat down and watched Zelda pour them both a glass of wine. 
"So, where has everyone run off to?" 

"Hilda has a date. Sabrina is at Harvey's and Ambrose, oddly enough, is at the Academy." 

"I see." 

They ate in pretty much silence. Until Lilith's leg grazed Zelda's. 

"Sorry, dear." 

"It's fine." 

"This meat loaf is delicious. Did you make it for little old me?" Zelda shook her head. 

"Hilda did. I'm sure she'll enjoy the complement though." Zelda smiled. 

"I have to confess...I was hoping it would just be the two of us." Zelda raised a brow. 

"Why would that be?" 

"To talk about our first encounters. I feel like we got off on the wrong foot and the last few times I've seen you it...it feels like this-" Lilith moved her hand between the two of them. "- could be a real...friendship." 

Zelda thought for a moment. Maybe they had had a rough start? Maybe it was good for them to start over? 

"Yes." 

"Good. I'm glad." They continued to eat in silence until they both finished. 

"That was fantastic. Thank you." Zelda smiled. 

"Your welcome. We should...do it another time." The two shared a genuine smile. 

"I'd love that." Lilith sat up, grabbing her purse. 
"Need help cleaning up?" 

"I think I'll be-" 

"No. Let me help." Zelda nodded and handed her plates. Lilith dropped her purse and set the dishes in the sink. Rolling up her sleeves, Lilith began to do the dishes. Zelda didn't say a word. Just let her continue. 

Lilith stood at the front door, Zelda behind her. 
"See you soon, Zelda." 

"Tomorrow we can pick up that sink? We don't need anyone to put it in. Magic should do just fine." Lilith smiled and nodded. 

 Lilith turned and opened the door. She stopped for a moment. Turning back around, Lilith gave Zelda a quick kiss on the cheek. A red lip mark staining her cheek. 
"Bye, Zelda." 

No words were coming out of Zelda’s mouth. She watched as the woman left. She stood there for a few minutes before retreating up stairs. 

In the Spellman sister's bathroom, Zelda stood, looking into the mirror. She examined the lip mark. Taking a piece of handkerchief, she pressed down on the mark. Removing the piece of cloth, she looked at a perfect print of the lips. The lipstick was almost gone from her face; transferring to the handkerchief. She carefully folded the cloth and place it in a box on her vanity. 

Zelda tucked herself in and sighed deeply. Mary Wardwell spiraled through her head. The robe, that deep red lipstick, the feeling of her lips on Zelda's skin, the cleavage, the tight dresses, the hair, all flashed before Zelda's eyes. 

"Fuck!" Zelda sat up. "I want her." Zelda whispered into the dark room. 

Hello! I'm extremely sick! The only thing I can do right now is lay and bed and write. I feel like shit but I needed to post these.