Chapter 18: Saving Zelda

More time passed and it only left Lilith hurt. Sabrina never continued the conversation. Lilith was left with heartbreak and unanswered questions. 

She had barely seen Sabrina until the girl had come to tell her Zelda was back from her honeymoon. Lilith was never quite sure why Sabrina had come to tell her that but it was helpful. The girl had told her that her aunt was acting different and didn't look herself. 

Before she could ask any questions, Sabrina instantly jumped to a different subject. She slid a photo onto the table. A drawing. Lilith studied the drawing. 

"What is this, Sabrina?" 

"Harvey found this engraved into a wall in the mines. I think it means… I'm the Harold of Hell." Lilith looked back up at the girl. She knew Lucifer had wanted the girl to start the Apocalypse. The one she was supposed to be leading onto Earth. 

Then Sabrina described an event that took place at the Academy where she had died. Sabrina said she had come back to life and now had new powers she had never been able to possess. 

This was very interesting news for Lilith. Soon after, Sabrina scurried off to leave Lilith deep in thought. 

A few nights after, Sabrina and Nick returned to ask how Sabrina could get rid of her powers. Lilith gave her a few ideas, not fully knowing if the girl would go through with them. 

Lilith now sat in her comfy armchair, staring into the fire. Tears were at the brim of her eyes as she thought of her beloved redhead. She hadn't the faintest clue at what was being done to her. If Faustus was touching her the way Lilith would have or if he was hurting her in his chamber where no one would see. Lilith wiped at her eyes. The pain in her heart grew as she continued to think about Zelda. 

Then there was a knock. Lilith hoped it wasn't Sabrina for she couldn't deal with the girl right now. She was very surprised when she pulled the door open to reveal Hilda Spellman clutching her beaded purse. 

"Ms. Wardwell." It was said with a thin layer of distaste. 

"Ms. Spellman, come in?" Lilith stepped aside, letting the woman in. 

"I'm not going to stay long. I'm going to make this short. I don't expect you to listen but It would be in your best interest to if you still love Zelda." Lilith stared at her for a moment. 

"What if I don't? What if I never did?" Hilda scoffed, which turned into a throaty laugh. 

"You can't play those games with me, dear. It's one of my skills. Divination." Lilith sighed, stepping a bit closer to the woman. 

"Fine. What did you come to tell me?" 

"It's Zelda. She's different. She's been put under a Caligari spell by Faustus." Lilith's eyes widened. 

"What!?"

"I don't know how to break it. You have to break it, Mary. Please. I'm begging you. She needs you." Lilith shook her head. 

"I don't think she does-" 

"Yes she does, Mary. She loves you and I know you love her. Please… just come see her." Lilith hesitated but nodded. She needed to see Zelda. 

"Take me to her then." 

Hilda snuck them into the Academy. The two moved through the school, keeping close. Once they reached Zelda's door, Lilith froze. She stared at the closed burgundy coloured doors as she felt her stomach turn. 

"It's okay, love. I'm sure she'll be glad to see you once she's out of the spell." Lilith nodded but mentally she knew Zelda didn't want to see her  not even if she saved her from the Caligari spell.