Chapter 1

The world is dead.

You thought it would have been revived.

Jasper Frost was the most corrupt man in government. Supported unhygienic conditions for workers. Giving them the amount of money just to be able to barely survive. Working the people until their skin had corroded and bones were plunging through its surface.

Shipping high pollution making products around the world therefore increasing the amount made by seventy percent in just under three months. Yet people still believed he wanted the best for this earth that was slowly being murdered by not only him, but those who continued to be under his thumb. Now the earth is slowly killing everyone with it.

The air suffocates you with every breath, secreting poison into the veins. No colour was left. Just musty browns, dirty yellows, or blood reds. No grass grew. No animals ran past. It was just the people standing on a corpse, running all over it as if there was no soul present. Few hoped that soul had gone to a better place to be cherished by those who crossed it's pathway, fighting for a second chance at life with people who fight alongside it instead of slowly plunging the knife deeper into its heart.

Jasper Frost didn't care. Jasper Frost would never care.

Tanya knew many men who were like Jasper Frost. Rich, entitled white men delusioned by songs delicately telling them they were invincible whilst they slept so when they woke up would just do what they wanted, not a single fuck given. That's what the population was hooked on though. To become so manipulated to believe they were the best thing going. Which is what they did again. In turn, leading to the world they complain about today.

It's why a sickening gut feeling dissipated through Tanya's body every time the president's smarmy face appeared on the TV.

She sat in one of the cafe's, despite being wrecked when the world fell to shit, was still open. Polar they called it. The owners wanted some reminders of what creatures and natural earth that was here before. Tanya sat in her rickety chair and watched. Watched as Jasper announced they were arresting more people to become soldiers to defend against those who defied him.

Ahhh yes. The wonderful tactic of turning humans into flesh robots.

Great idea.

"Liar." The worn-out voice pierced silent air with venomous intentions. It came from a medium height black woman, clearly tired of all that has been thrown her way over time.

Unfortunately, not only was the earth going way too further into the future with its age but society was taking its behavior years back. It wasn't segregated but black people were looked down upon by many, for no reason at all. It was sad that the earth was being killed. Devastating that some made the innocent sub-human due to a factor they can't control.

"Glad to see not everyone gives in to his propaganda." The nameless woman turned, looking with surprise that another human had even spoken to her. "It's hard not to when you have a brain." Both chuckled enjoying the company of what seemed to be one of the very few conscious-minded people.

"Hope."

"Tanya."

They shook hands, something neither had done in a long time. Tanya tied up her bland brown hair, contrasting the highlight of her pale skin, as the two talked for hours as neither had anything to do.

It was a blessing to have a highly intelligent conversation instead of having to hear moans from the most hypocritical people you could think of. The two talked about everything, from what they dreamed of to how they would take down the government including what way they would choose to end frost's reign in an appropriate yet satisfying way. Maybe lighting one of his campaign badges into flames? No, that would just be contributing to something they despised. How about a good ol' fashioned punch to the face? Might encourage violence but if done privately they would probably get away with it.

"Speaking of punching him, I wish those soldiers he is 'purifying' would just hit him one day, the irony of how one of his picture-perfect citizens just slogged him one would be gold." There were a lot of lies coming from the president, one being that the people he kidnapped for the benefit of making into good, law obeying, arse licking goody two shoes were heartless criminals he was oh so ready to put his heart on the line to sanctify back to normality. They weren't. They were just people they plucked from the street. No actual reason behind it.

"Yeah me too, I'm sorry I have got to go but I would love to meet up again!" Tanya had just found this girl but wasn't prepared to give her up easily. "Yeah sure, tomorrow at 8?" Smiles exchanged as the girl left.

Tanya had just made it to the door when pulled roughly into someone's arms, held into submission. She fought with every inch of energy she could muster, thrashing, and banging against the bugling chest, it was no match for the heavily muscled tall man. Trying to think of why she had to fight someone off, no reason came to mind about the mugging. Just before being covered into darkness, the vision of her new friend being attacked by an identical body came into view. Her reaction the same but with lots more voiced opposition.

That was the last thing she saw before a dirt-filled bag was slung over her head and tied to her neck, millimetres away from being a fatal injury. Her body fell limp beneath her as she slowly moved inside a vehicle, wishing she shouted for help earlier rather than just staying quiet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Global Warning. It is one of my favorite projects as i feel it has lots of hidden meanings relevant to today's world. Feedback would be much appreciated as i love to hear what people think. Feel free to follow me on Instagram for poetry, short stories, first looks and more as i am discontinuing my poetry and short story book on wattpad. I would love to see you there.

lots of love

winter <3

PS. I have started to edit this book so hopefully it can be easier and more correct and accurate when you read it!