chapter 9

The same line. The same room. The same exact beep test. It was all the same. Yet now is the time for a change. The dawn of a new era is on the horizon, the sun peeking through the darkness of before. All of them had to stay calm and remain quiet, nothing should draw attention to them. They had to lurk in the shadows until it was time to fight the first battle in the war and the three weren't prepared to lose.

The line started to diminish as everyone entered their rooms. Each sat at the monitor letting everything happen, resistance now means a less smooth escape and that couldn't be afforded. Attaching the white circular pads to the faces of each soldier, the guards chuckled. Especially the one attaching Tanya's buds.

Tanya had learned his name was Klint. He was a medium built man and the right hand of Jasper himself, with dark brown eyes and hair, similar to Tanya herself. If you didn't know the two you would guess that they are siblings but that would be wrong. Well, at least to Tanya's knowledge. The man leaned over her smirking with a whisper about how she isn't so smart now than leaving the room completely. Lights went down and everyone went under.

Well, almost everyone.

Frost watched on as everyone stared meaninglessly at the hate-filled videos, jaws slackened and eyes gaping. The guards were in the back mocking each individual about how they were ugly, fat, useless, or weak. Jasper paid no attention carrying on analyzing each face to whether his plan was working. Whether he was a step closer to destroying that which was threatening him. Laughter built up from the guards in the back. One started to say how Tanya was so ...

Until he was cut off by a strange noise. A high pitched beep. One that didn't sound unless someone wasn't under. A ring that was four pitches higher than the others, suggesting something wasn't going to plan.

"Boss do you want us to check it out?" Klint's voice asked. Jasper denied the activity whilst staring at the location of the problem. Tanya's monitor had made the noise but slowed back down after the abnormality. That was where his focus was until another high pitched beep came a couple of seconds after the denial from Deshi's monitor which returned back to normal after one beep, identical to Tanya's. Tension built in the air slightly alarming each guard, who was now on their feet ready to move.

"Sir do you want us to..." The guard was shut down again by Jasper denying the request. Rage rippled through his blood until another high beep sounded, this time from hope. The room was silent whilst he reassured the men that it would be fine. Holding onto his head in frustration, it slowly raised to the orchestra of three simultaneous screeching sirens suffocating the room. This was when panic set in and Jasper finally gave in to the requests, the men set off running to the room. He watched with wide angered eyes each step that the men took then back to the room where the three had disappeared.

The sirens silenced as the men approached the room. Doors were kicked open to see everyone else in their place, calmly watching as if nothing had happened. All sitting and staring with no clue to what is happening in the room.

The four guards entered the room. Nothing out of the usual was spotted. Two went to the far end of the room and two stayed near the door. Everything was perfect in the room until one had pointed out something was missing. Two monitors had been ripped off of the walls. Triggering the reveal the two guards at the door crashed to the floor as Tanya and Hope appeared from the doors and thwacked them with the monitors, leaving broken shards of the screen in the two faces of the unconscious men.

As the other guards tried to pull out guns to stop the girls attacking the other men Deshi barged out from the space Tanya had also been with a gun shooting the two. Honestly, they had thought that giving them all a bunch of uncounted guns was a good idea. Well, it was only Deshi himself had thought of stealing a handgun and hiding it in the back of his trousers. Grabbing all of the remaining guns and they ran from the room.

Frost was now seething with fury shouting to all the guards to get them but the mighty power of his dwindling guards was no match for them. After all, Frost's army was all under the beep test so the only ones left were the below-average guards that, even though had great high-class training, dropped like flys when face to face with the trio. After seeing all else fail Jasper ran from his lair to follow them.

Time was running out and the three were almost there. Barricading the door, Deshi and Tanya used everything they could find whilst Hope unlocked the getaway tunnel. Hope called for the others that they needed to go, as they had just finished barricading a giant crunch came from the other side of the door. A part of a red axe had impaled the door alongside a familiar shout from the president. Immediately telling Hope to go, the girl hesitated before crawling through leaving Deshi and Tanya to pick up the desk that was outside the cell in front of the door. The two ran tunnel falling to the floor to go through. That was when Tanya spotted it.

The vial containing the last plant on earth.

It had been brought back to the cell when Jasper had come to tease the three. Taunting the three, they were left to sit and watch whilst the president had thrown the vial around like a small piece of grime from the cleaning bucket. Just juggling the small bottle whilst he screamed at the trio for not obeying the rules of the tests. For going against him and ruining the reputation built inside the walls. Infuriating every one of the three, when the lecture went on without pause whilst he had thrown it to the guard that continued to throw it like a football. It was going to be destroyed by them if it wasn't taken. Once It had been left to taunt them whilst behind bars but now it was going to be the biggest mistake the government had made.

"Deshi go, I need to get the vial." He looked up towards the plant and back to Tanya nodding along. Disappearing from Tanya's vision, she ran for the vial, picking it up and pocketing it. Grabbing her gun she was ready to go until the door had now gained a slit in the middle, exposing Jasper's crazy eyes and murderous intent. "Frosty's gonna get ya. Get ya like the rest of the world."

It was the fact she had familiarized the beat behind the rhyme that scared her the most as now she recognized it. It was behind each of the videos she had seen about the great new world. It was the nursery rhyme to create killers. As he had brought up his arm again she speeded to the tunnel and got in, just big enough for her to turn around and close the plank over it. This meant when Jasper got in he was dumbfounded to how they had got out leaving more time for Tanya to scurry through the long escape route.

Each breath got deeper with each movement, them getting harder to continue until the light blared through at the end to meet the girl with sheers from the two others trying to get her to hurry. As she climbed out she showed the two the vial then they ran. Ran anywhere they couldn't be found. Eventually, they had come to a shutdown cafe in an abandoned village which Deshi knew, it was one the government had already raided so it would give them an extra couple of hours to hide out and plan their next move.

However, there was no time to plan for Jasper and the army. He stood in front of the tunnel frowning whilst Klint (who had awoken from the blackout he had and was now dawning multiple scratches around his face) asked him what they were going to do. Frost spoke about how the system was now endangered as his future leaders had fled the base into the free world meaning only one thing.

To eliminate them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed this action packed chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it!! we have finally started to get on to the lift off of this plot and i am so excited to write more. writing this chapter also helped ,me visualise how i would want the scene to fully go down if i was to direct the movie version of this story (which i am begging will happen one day) which let me develop more which is fantastic.

if you don't already go visit my instagram account as i have some cool stuff going on down their. it is @winterwritesstuff.

lots of love

winter <3