Chapter 21

Days had passed and no more attacks had been made, raising suspicion in the camp. Normally Frost attacks soon after having to defend but this time it was different. He was clearly being sneaky as he knew he had a tough match. As he said, he was fighting people who could have possibly taken his place. Possibly been him. Only the trio had gained the attribute of thinking for themselves and how people are affected. This fact let them know that he was coming. He wouldn't leave a threat as big as the Los Elementos unhandled. So why isn't he here?

Why is he waiting?

Once again the community was all eating supper. The cooks had prepared a classic Sunday roast, trying to keep spirits alive. However, happiness had diminished and anxiety remained. Children cried and parents shivered. Everyone was on edge and it couldn't be eased.

Something was coming.

Tanya poked at her food, pushing it around the plate as Deshi stared at her. Hope was next to Deshi holding Anika's hand, the other being occupied by a pen writing down different tactics to infiltrate the base. She was nervous and had a bit of a breakdown the night before, crying into the arms of her girlfriend scared that someone she loves will be killed out of nowhere. Taken in the dark and there would be nothing she could do about it. So she worked to relieve the stress. However, that didn't calm Hope. They have just tried to do their best with what they got.

Ellie had gotten more comfortable with every member of the fantastic four (as she liked to call them, especially after Tanya and Deshi had told her all about the movie with the same name). She especially had a soft spot for Tanya though, it was like she knew something, something that could change their future, but she kept it secret and concentrated on training with all of them. They managed to harness her powers as well and thanks to lots of reassurance, especially from hope, she managed to bring great destruction. She didn't want to be just a weapon and these people made her see that. These people restored her faith in humanity.

"Are you gonna eat that cos I am starving out here?" Hashim signed to Tanya who just passed her plate to the younger. She had been silent for quite a while and Deshi knew that when this happened Tanya was in her head.

"T, what's up?"

She looked up from the table and across to her friend. He had comforted her many times over the past couple of days when it got too much.

"I'm just scared." She softly spoke.

He held her hand and spoke to her.

"Just remember those four beautiful children you will have once this is over. Three boisterous boys and..."

"One gorgeous girl, thanks Desh." She smiled. He had reminded her of the future she will have every time she was sad. It may be a dream but there is no fault in staying in it.

Hope laid her hand on top of the other two, showing her support. She may have gained a new family but Hope still saw the other two. They were still her charismatic younger siblings that she would die for.

" I think I am going to head to bed. Thanks, guys." Tanya waved to her friends and made it back to her bedroom.

It was a dark night, the only light been emitted from her torch. The crickets chirped around her as she sluggishly walked back to her house. Everything was calm. Peaceful. Suddenly, footsteps ran behind her, kicking up the ground to form a dust cloud.

"Hello? Is someone playing a prank?" She walked forward.

It was creepy. Seriously creepy. She searched the area with her light to see nothing. Exhaling her breath, her nerves calmed down. She just wanted to get to bed. So she turned around slowly as to delay any oncoming threat. When she turned around fully she was faced with one thing. Darkness. So she continued on home.

When she got to the room she collapsed on her bed, too tired to get changed. She pulled the duvet cover up and smiled into the comfort of her pillows. She stared at the ceiling to which she had hung up some paper stars with Hashim. One day all of those stars will reappear and not just the ones lucky to survive.

So she rolled onto her side and closed her eyes trying to fall asleep. Her breath drew even and volume decreased. She was calm. She opened her eyes again to take in the view of her room once the last time that night.

But she wasn't met by her room.

A dark figure with a bandanna around there lower face gripped onto her mouth to stop her from screaming and inserted a long needle into her neck.

She was out.

===================================================================

Hey guys,

Sorry if there is any mistakes as i don't have an editor so i edit after i have wrote and most times i don't have the greatest eye after concentrating. However i do hope you enjoyed the chapter and leave a comment to what you think.

Also feel free to follow me on instagram and pinterest under the same name. You can see my other projects as well as a mood board based entirely on Global Warning, so you can see some of the inspo and the actors i would like to play each character.

Lots of love

Winter <3