chapter 3

Walking into the hall felt like the first day of school. Everyone's eyes fell on you as you walked past. Both Tanya and Hope felt insecure under the unnerving stares. Trying to find a table was even worse. All were full and those that weren't were uninviting as the people who sat there looking at you as if you had just committed murder. Well actually these are the people who don't care about that so maybe it was an act of good instead.

The options were dwindling down for the two, who stuck close together as it felt like having a new best friend to experience the whole disaster. It was only when the two had spotted a fairly tall Asian man sat by himself on a table. No one around him, avoiding the man like dirt on a pathway. Gaining all the confidence she could muster, Tanya led the way to sit with the lonely man.

As they took the seats, he only sparred a glance at the two girls. No emotions held in his body language. However, his face did seem familiar. Chiseled jawline, brown pools for eyes, and moles on his cheeks. Tanya couldn't put a name to the face but continued to wonder whilst eating the food that was given before entering the hall.

Everything had a tension underneath it which was intimidating for any normal person. What was even more intimidating was the man across from them now looking through his eyelashes, scanning and analyzing the two girls. That was until he finally spoke in a hushed whisper asking if they liked the PowerPoint. Responding with no's and looks of disgust the man smiled. Not creepy or one which brought butterflies to your stomach. One of what seemed to be chaotic good. Perhaps this chaotic good would come in hand in the future.

"I knew you two didn't buy into the bull crap as soon as you sat down with me." The two girls were puzzled as to why no one was sitting with the trio. They just thought the other rows and rows of people were just stuck up prisses who wanted to be consumed by the system. Turns out it was only part of the reason.

"They don't like me cos I resisted. It's why I'm here."

The face made more sense now. They had sat with Deshi Wang, the most famous rebel in history. The intelligence the male had combined with a passion for fighting against ignorance was both honorable and stupid. He did what others were too scared to but is what also led him to the fall of his reign in society. It had turned out the man had been imprisoned by Frost in means to stop anyone standing against him therefore leading to a more easily manipulated world.

Frost was capable of everything, even taking the smartest man alive down. Deshi had been in soldier training for years now also having to go out on certain missions pretending to enjoy the needless kills. They were just people that hindered Frost's plans so he took them out to stop the opposition. The others knew this but no one had the balls to go tattle knowing that Deshi would only plot and execute a master revenge plan at some point in his life. This is why everyone avoided him leading to how he knew the two, currently invested in his life story, were also people who hated the whole thing.

At this moment an alliance was made. One which would provoke the biggest war, one bigger than there had ever been. That is still yet to come. For now, the three ate contently in each other's company, talking about all the things that they could think of.

That was until a loudspeaker fizzed into human hearing capacity, still crackling when the information was being given out. "All of group A report to the gym for SAT immediately." All Tanya could think of was why would soldiers be doing high school tests from ages ago. Hope wondered why everyone had to report to the gym just to sit down. Deshi grimaced as he turned to the two girls.

"SAT is the strength ability test. Every two weeks for two days they carry out 4 tests to figure out your ability. Halfway in they do a test to try manipulate your brain but that doesn't matter for now." Tanya was scared. She might go to the gym all the time but in no way did she have strength. Lifting her casual bag of belongings was hard enough. Hope was still a bit lost but continued smiling to hide the confusion. Now all they wondered was why and when they had to do it. Easily answered by the new friend, the government did it to see who had the right qualities to become a soldier and also how easy they could twist the person's mind. All so they could use it to their assets.

Group A had just gone, the three were next. The numbers inside the jumpsuits with a corresponding letter told them what group they were in. Now it was just a waiting game.

The air grew colder. Thickening with fear from everyone in the room, some were just better at hiding it than others. The bravery left in Tanya was like a thin piece of glass holding together. One that shattered when the words "Group B report to the gym for sat." rattled through the hall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

hope you enjoyed chapter three. i think i will be working more on this book in the upcoming time i have. i love writing this book as it is different with its setting and the fantasy genre is something i am enjoying learning and writing recently. if you want more content from me go follow my insta @winterwritesstuff.

lots of love

winter <3