Chapter 25

The army had gone into full attacking mode. Every single person in the building had a gun and was ready for the final battle of this war. Yet an unnerving calm had settled throughout the building as selected soldiers had gathered in hallways. The alarm still ringing through each ear, something wasn't quite right.

That is when the Elementos pounced on each guard, disarming and shooting. Each not going down with a fight. In the west wing, Anika was taking out the final guard and letting the others know through her walkie. Deshi on the east wing was struggling with his team as more guards swept from out of the training rooms armed with knives. With bullets running out, he turned to his training routines. This is what he had been working for.

Hope was disturbed at how there were no guards whilst she walked through the south wing. Something was going to happen. The prediction becoming true as Clint came from behind and let his bullets rip through the soldiers. Luckily Hope and a few others had hidden from the attack.

"OH, so you wanna play a game?" Clint shouted.

"Well let's play. I will let you all go free, running back to mommy Anika if the dumb bitch comes out."

He was stalking the hall, trying to get any glimpse of the girl he wanted. The girl he had just walked by who was crouching beside medicine trolley, holding her mouth shut. The footsteps had quietened and as he had turned a corner. Waiting a couple of minutes, Hope slowly came out of hiding and ordered everyone to carry on and turn left. Doing as they were told they carried on.

Hope walked up the hall hiding some needles and drugs from the cabinet in her pockets, the Elementos had been running out of supplies and needed everything they could grab. She turned left taking a step forward.

Yet she ended up in the arms of Clint who had a death grip around her front after he had dragged her back by the neck.

"Think you outsmarted me eh, try again." he spat through a whisper, aggressively pushing his head towards her ears.

With his other arm, he got the gun and shot every member who had walked away, letting the blood on the floor trickle its way down the hall and seep into the two's feet. He chuckled as he threw the woman into the pool of burgundy and shoved her face into the floor until the liquid entered her mouth. The metallic taste burned her throat, her eyes tearing up from the dehumanization.

"You taste that! Death!" another maniac laugh erupted from his soul.

"If I were you, I'd get used to it."

Clint let go of her head and grabbed the walkie talkie from the place it had been comfortably sitting in her belt. It had been going crazy for the past few minutes of Anika asking what was happening, scared her girlfriend had run into trouble.

"Don't worry baby, I got your girlfriend. She is going to be just fine when I take her to your dead friends."

The smirk on his face only got larger with each scream of fury from the leader, threatening to kill the man. Each cry silenced as he crushed the machine under his foot. Walking back to Hope he once again grabbed her neck and pushed her forwards taking her into the darkness.

-----

"Hope! Hope!" Anika screamed repeatedly with no answer-back.

She picked up as many guns as possible and told her army to follow. Running through the long, dim halls they traveled their way to the east hall to meet up with Deshi. The noise of footsteps grew as she saw the tall man running towards her. The Elementos ducked so each of the west wing crew could take them out. After it was all clear, Anika held her hand out to deshi and gave him a gun.