Chapter 22

Deshi woke up to a desperate Hope shaking him awake. Alarm rang through her body. He slowly grumbled gaining full consciousness to his surroundings. Watching Hope pace back and forth put him into a deep anxiety. What happend? Had frost attacked? What was the meaning behind her agitation?

"Are you even listening to what i say Deshi?"

Her eyes were pointed and eyebrows furrowed, slight anger strewn amoungst the features. He should have been listening but his need for food overtook his alarmed thoughts. After replying with an apology hope just shook her head and threw some clothes at the boy ordering him to get changed quick time and meet her, Anika and Ellie at the training ground.

He pulled on the vest over his chest and lightly visible abs. He had worked on loving his body for awhile and grew to be very proud of his exterior. The love he held for his body had grown so much and progressed well. A couple of years ago the mindset he held was one of toxicity. That every muscle that could be named had to be bulging and prominent. Working in the gym nearly twenty four hours of the day mixed with an unhealthy relationship with food led his mentality into one that struggled with self image. Every voice commenting on how each muscle needed more work and that the image in the mirror would never be good enough. It got so bad that Deshi decided it was time he saw a doctor who really helped with ways and activities for Deshi to love himself and the image he has no matter what. Now that motion is in full swing completely satisfied with with the body he inhabits, even though his stomach isn't as toned he knows it's okay and that it doesn't diminish the masculinity within. Every body is a beautiful one.

The journey to the training ground was eerie. A complete center of two polar opposite goals. A mix of uncertainty. Some looked like they were getting ready for a fight and others completely laying back. What was going on? Although the community seemed to be doing similar things the mood wasn't as bright. Like how the night gets a little darker when one star disappears.

It was ... scary.

Arriving at the training ground he was met with Anika crying on the floor whilst being cuddled by Hope and Ellie trying her best to dry her tears.

"Whats going on?" Deshi needed to know what had happened.

"Frost. He got in somehow."

Anika sobbed through the sentence and was going to explain until he realised. The quietness. The dark creepy sense of loss within the community. It was down to one thing.

Tanya was missing.

The sobs from the leader confirmed his suspicion and grew the anger inside. Fueling him to punch a near by post. How hadn't he noticed she was gone? His little sister was gone! She counted on him and he wasn't there.

"Deshi, we don't need you to be like this right now," Hope cautiously shouted.

"Why! He took her! We need to go now"

"Because we need to do this as diligently and intelligently as possible."

Hope was right.

"Sorry. Yeah... we need to be as careful as we can for her..."

Hope looked down and held on to Anika tighter as a quiet reply of the word them came from her mouth. Deshi was confused as to what she was trying to get across.

"It wasn't just Tanya who they took..."

"They got Hashim as well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I know it has been awhile but hopefully i can be a bit more active soon as to finish this story as it's clearly getting to the good part!

Also feel free to check out my other socials - especially Instagram - where i am under the same name! I am also doing an interactive story over there so feel free to join!

Lots of love

Winter <3