Chapter 24

A week later and all of the Los Elementos were dawning their bulletproof vests and loading their guns. They had left the attack for a while to get as many people trained as precisely as possible.

This was Hashim and Tanya who were on the line and they could not afford to mess it up. one wrong move and it's all over. The world will truly be dead.

No resurrection.

Deshi nervously twisted the knife in his hand. he could admit he has never been as scared as he is right now. The memories of losing his brother all seemed to come flooding back but with the face of Tanya present. Loud cries rang through his ears resembling the one he had heard before of little boys and girls terrified by the actions of frost. he was ready to fight until the end. Until all those screams had died out and only giggles and smiles were shown by every last human on earth.

"You okay Deshi?" Anika crouched down to reach his eye level.

They hadn't interacted as much as they did with others but the mutual respect was always there. Deshi even looked up to Anika, dreaming many times about them meeting and working together whilst holed up in Frost's cell. Now he did get to work with her and it was everything he had imagined.

He gave her silent and that was good enough for the elder. She walked over to her girlfriend and tightened her vest, which she had been struggling with for some time. Hope's darker hands wrapped around Anika's, connecting the comfort that both had seemed to lose within the past weeks. Slowly moving in, their lips connected in harmony. a soft, small peck of calmness.

"I don't want to lose you like I lost him." The insecurities finally spilled over and broke through the barrier. Anika had already lost her first love and she couldn't bear losing her second.

"You won't." Hope connected their lips again to embrace her love with trust. She always stuck by her word.

"I love you." The words that hadn't been heard from Anika since her husband. It was time to move on. It was time to be truthful to her present.

"I love you too."

The elder went to go check on everyone still getting ready to fight whilst hope decided to sit with Deshi. She wrapped her arm around the boy's prominent biceps and leaned her head to his shoulder. Both just stared into space before them. Not talking but speaking with their body language. It was serene.

"I can't wait to see our son again." Hope sighed.

"Our?" A mix of confusion and excitement entangled in Deshi's voice.

"Yeah, I'm adopting Hashim when we get back. Anika's birthday wish." Hope had been mad that her girlfriend hadn't told her sooner that it was the elder's birthday but after a little argument and many hours of training later, they had finally settled down and decided how to celebrate the birthday. This plan has been the one deemed most fit.

"Wow, thought I had a chance with you then..."

"Oh shut up, you never had a chance. That's the whole thing about being a lesbian is that men are a no go." She laughed with the younger. It was the only thing they could do right now to forget all the pain the community had endured since the loss of two of its crucial members.

"They'll be fine right? T and Hashim. He won't have done anything?" Deshi asked as he snuggled closer into hope's arms, seeking peace.

"Did Judas have a motive when visiting Jesus' dinner?"

Deshi slowly nodded.

"Then they will be fine."

--

The bunker had no idea what was coming their way.

Tanya and Hashim were still in the same room, starved and almost dead. The torture of watching Hashim have to fight off the guards who took entertainment in their suffering combined with only little pieces of bread to survive from knocked all the fight from the duo. Their eyes had sunken and skin faded. It had gotten harder with each hour to stay awake, to stay alive. Yet they were still here, fighting to see the Los Elementos again.

To see the people they loved.

Hashim had once again found himself leaning into Tanya with his head resting under her chin. It's all they had to show another being was still present in the room. Especially for Tanya.

She had been listening to nothing but propaganda for twenty-four hours straight the whole week and it was starting to get to her. The first thoughts in her head when an image of her loved ones appeared were ones of death and destruction. It took all the might of her being to let go of that mindset and keep the one that seemed so distant now.

The doors opened and Clint came in. His scars were faded but the anger only grew. Eyes red with fury and smile filled with privilege.

"Look at the poor baby." His eyes were set on Hashim who still had his head buried in Tanya's neck.

"Is he scared? Does he know he is going to die?"

"Idiot." Tanya breathed the word out.

"What did you say, bitch!" Clint had grabbed her neck like frost once did but was not replicating the force.

"He is deaf but if I were you I would ask yourself the same questions." Her void eyes sparked up again. A small glare of fire that hadn't burned out flamed again.

That's when the alarm rang signaling a break-in and every officer was called to duty.

The revolution was about to commence.

------------------------
Big shout out to @novelist001 for the cover! Go and check them out :)

And another big shoutout to@Little_Dreamerz for mentoring me with my last few chapters as to do with the mentoring scheme i was a part of.

if you want to check out said mentoring scheme go have a look at @ABrunetteGirl account as she runs it really well :)

feed back is always appreciated in the comments!