Chapter 26

Bang.

One clench of a finger was enough to take a life. A small action powerful enough to take away a human existence. Evil enough to kill the vision of a brighter future.

When everyone finally opened their eyes to see the consequence of the gunshot, it was too late to save each memory of the horrid sight.

Anika had stopped running up the stairs looking at her son who laid on the ground. His sight went up to meet her before a wail came from the young boy's mouth.

"No!" Hope screamed as the leader fell to the flooring of the steps. Anika held onto the bloody gap in the middle of her body as her family and comrades gathered around her.

Deshi and Tanya held onto a crying hope and Hashim as they cried into the body of the leader. After several calming shushes from the half-dead woman they were dragged away by Deshi as requested. No one should have to see their girlfriend or mother die.

As her breathing got shallow and eyes started to droop, Anika held her hand out for Tanya to take. The teenager complied, squeezing it as hard as she could trying to channel the life she had into the dying body. To no avail, the body only got colder.

"I'm sorry! If it wasn't for me you would be fine!" Tanya shouted through her tears, high pitched sniffles in between.

"It's not your fault."

"But you came to save me and are dying because of it!"

Anika looked straight into the younger's eyes, using all of her strength to clasp onto the hand she held a little tighter.

"And I would do it again to save you...

President Tanya."

With that, no more breath remained. Anika's hand fell slowly to the floor dripping in the dark, red liquid which oozed from her chest.

The leader was dead.

Tanya screamed one last time with all of her anger, frustration, and pain before getting up. She wiped her tears as her exhales of breath got harsher with fury. Knowing what needed to be done the teen got up.

Walking back up the stairs, no emotions wrote on her face and looked at the hallway she had come out from. Before slowly marching forward, her head turned to the balcony letting the vision of a smug Frost come to light. He stared back with a smirk until turning around to walk into the hallways, silently accepting the challenge Tanya had put forward.

She stared back down the hallway, footsteps getting louder. The army was coming. Tanya felt two hands place on both shoulders. To her left, Hope. To her right, Deshi.

"Los Elementos son superiores." Hope whispered, hate towards the people they were about to face apparent in her voice.

"Los elementos son superiores." Both Deshi and Tanya replied.

Running forward, each brought out their gun and aimed until they were met face to face with the soldiers. There were too many to take but the trio sure as hell would give it a try. Battle cries ripped through the air as bullets flew. Each took cover until open spots for shooting were available.

Tanya was exterminating the soldiers until her gun ran out. Unfortunately, Hope and Deshi needed reloading too. Frost's army advanced, walking up to the three jeering with power.

The pack rattled their guns on the window, which had let small lighting into the room. They dragged on about how Frost was a savior and had brought them to this.

"This is your end. Any last words." One gruff voice boomed.

A small cloud dawned the window creating a dull grey in the hall. The atmosphere tensed as the Tanya stood up, hands raised above her head, from the place she had hidden and walked into the cleared space. She smiled.