Chapter 5

Hey, it's me, back with another chapter. This week I didn't have a lot of time to write this chapter, but I got it done. Yay! This is going to be a short author's note, sorry. I have to go and do a bunch of homework. I swear, my teachers are evil. They just don't want me to have fun ~ bye

Ed stormed out of the room.

Who does that bastard think he is? Saying that I have to live with him and that he was going to take care of me. I'm not some kid that needs a father, I can take care of myself!

Ed was walking fast, trying to find a phone.

"OW! WHAT THE HELL!"

There was a long stretch of sun that slithered across the white tiled floor and climbed up the opposed wall. Edward was trapped and unable to go any farther. He was so lost within his thoughts that he forgot that he couldn't go out in the sun. When Ed walked into the sun it hurts so much that he fell backward. Ed was sitting on the floor.

So this is what it feels -

"Fullmetal, are you trying to get yourself hurt?"

Ed looked back to see Roy walking towards him and when Roy got to where Edward was sitting Roy knelt down beside him.

"You need to be more careful. Let's go back to the room and I can send someone to get your brother."

As much as Ed hated this he knew that there was no other option.

"Fine."

Roy got up and was about to help Edward off the ground when he got up on his own and then started to walk back towards his room. Roy turned and walked the other way towards the phone booths. He called Hawkeye and told her to bring Al to the hospital.

Once Edward reached the room he sat back on the bed.

This is so boring, there's nothing to do.

Ed looked at the black curtains that replaced the window. When Ed was in the hospital he always liked looked out the window. It was boring, but it was the only thing to do. He would watch the smiling faces of people playing and shopping, but now even that was out of reach. Out of the corner of his eyes, Edward saw the door open and Roy walked into the room.

"Hawkeye is just picking up Al; they should be here in fifteen minutes."

Roy sat down and neither exchanged any words, the silence was thick and unconformable. They sat like that until the door once again opened and Al and Hawkeye walked into the room.

"Brother!" Alphonse said and ran to Ed.

"Hey, Al," Edward said with a smile.

Hawkeye walked up to Roy and whispered something in his ear. After that, they walked out of the room leaving Al and Ed alone.

"Brother, I was so worried about you."

There was an edge of fear within Al's voice and that made a part of Ed felt guilty for making Al worried. Al and Ed chatted, the topics ranged from what Al was doing during the days that Ed was in the hospital and then the conversation shifted to what was going to happen after Ed was out of the hospital.

"So, you're going to stay with Roy?" Al asked.

"Yeah, but I don't want to. I mean, it's nice that he cares, but we have to keep moving forward; there's no time to stop. If we stop then it will take more time to get your body back." Ed said

Then there was a pause and a little bit of dread had found its way into Ed's mind. That's when Al broke the silence.

"I think you should stay with him."