Episode 17

Yeonjun: Minji, she is suffering from monophobia!

Beomgyu: What???

Yeonjun: You didn't know about this at all? For real?

I shake my head telling him I had no idea that Minji is suffering a phobia. He just speed up and I took out my phone, searching what is Monophobia;

Monophobia
(n.) Fear of being alone

A morbid fear of being egotistical, or a dread of being alone or isolated. Sufferers need not be physically alone, but just to believe that they are being ignored or unloved.

This looks terrible. I can't believe how can this phobia exist. As we arrive infront of Minji's house we dont waste any more time to burst in.

Yeonjun: MINJI! MINJI!!

Beomgyu: Is this the first time?

Yeonjun: Second. Check in wardrobe! Under beds! In toilets!

We spend five minutes searching her here and there but she's nowhere to be seen.

Beomgyu: Where else she could be? She's not in her room or toilet either

Ryujin comes right at time; mine and Yeonjun's attention was fully on her.

Ryujin: At the attic!

Beomgyu: Okay!

I just climb up the ladder and after that I finally arrive at the attic. I can see it was filled with some furniture. But it was a bit messy as well.

Beomgyu: Minji? Are you in here?

I only hear a deep and fast breathing sound from my right side which is where a old bed was. I saw something covered in a blanket and I just remove it away.

Beomgyu: MINJI! OH GOD I'M GLAD YOU'RE HERE!

Her eyes filled with fear, it looks like she was very terified and traumatized. Is it that bad? What cause her to be this way? Her body was shaking, her face were also very pale.

Beomgyu: Come on, let me bring you to your bed

Her body was cold and sweaty. Once I hold her, she immediately faints. Slowly I carry her to her room and put her down on her bed, I take a small towel and wipe her sweat.

Beomgyu: Ryujin, can you change her cloth?

She just nods and I walk out of Minji's room, walking over the living room to be with Yeonjun. I continue to check on my phone, wanting to know more about Monophobia.

Monophobia can also lead to physical symptoms associated with panic attacks, including:

¤feeling dizzy
¤breathing too quickly
¤feeling sick
¤increased heart rate
¤sweating
¤shaking

Experiencing monophobia can lead to the following behaviors:

¤going to extreme lengths to avoid being alone
¤trying to find company as soon as possible when alone
¤not wanting people to leave
¤a lack of independence in relationships

The cause of monphobia is unknown. It may relate to experiences in childhood that create a fear of abandonment, but there is no research available to support this.

So when we are on a trip she actually feel it, the phobia. The symptoms are exactly the same like what happened. Now I'm curious how Minji got this phobia.

Beomgyu: Yeonjun, what actually cause her to get Monophobia?

Yeonjun: It was her privacy so she have the right to not tell you, she have her own reason not to tell others about it

He says coldly without looking at me. This is the reason why he didn't like my relationship with Minji, I really don't understand her. But I have the rights to know!

Beomgyu: But I'm her boyfriend

He stand up to quickly that the chair he was sitting on falls to the ground.

Yeonjun: Still, you have no rights! I was so close to trust you but this happens right when I want to trust you to the fullest... This is the reason why I don't trust you to be with Minji, things that me and Ryujin avoided for years finally happened and it was because of you!

Beomgyu: Yeonjun!

Ryujin came out of the room and grab Yeonjun's hand that were pointing at me down.

Ryujin: Yeonjun... its alright, I'll tell him

Yeonjun left and Ryujin sits beside me right away.

Ryujin: It all started when she was very young....

"GET IN THERE! I'VE TOLD YOU I DONT LIKE WHEN YOU CRY!"

Minji: No! No! Mom!

"I don't like to this to you but naughty kid have to be punished, so stay in this room until I tell you to come out.. okay?"

Minji: Please.. no, I dont want to be in there. It was scary in there!

"So? You must be diciplined!"

Ryujin: She was abused, starved and ignored... She can only eat three times a week and the only food her mom give was a piece of bread or bun

Beomgyu: Is that why she didn't eat any of those? She will remember about her past

She nods and continue a second after.

Ryujin: She was locked in the basement, tied up. She would just scream for help but it wasn't that easy

She take a deep breath before continuing her words.

Ryujin: Her mom don't want her to escape or make any sound, or else she will be locked in a room with no light at all, only few mirrors that reflects each other... scary isn't it? She had to bear this for 10 years

I gasped, when I was ten I was free to go outside and play under the sunlight, able to feel the breeze but not Minji.

Beomgyu: 10 years?!! What happened after that?

Ryujin: Their neighbour get the police to check the house because she can't see a kid around but she is sure that Minji's mom have a daughter, and after police check the whole house they finally found Minji

Minji never tell me this and it was shocking to know about her past that currently still haunting her.

Beomgyu: So, her mom is going to the prison isn't it? Who take care of her after that? If you know, who are they??

Ryujin: Yes, she was sentenced for 10 years and I know who take care of Minji after that

At least if I know more, I will be careful with my behaviour and language.

Beomgyu: Who?

Ryujin: The one who take care of Minji after that is the police officer that found Minji, and the officer is my mom