Episode 21

Minji walk out of the cafe and I can see at the edge of my eyes eventho I was leaning against the wall, I smiled but then it fades as I see that she cried.

Beomgyu: Minji-

Minji: It was your plan isn't it? I said I don't want to meet her but why is she in there?!

Beomgyu: Look I -

Minji: I hate you! I should really meant that I want to break up! You're just messing up my life!

She push me and walk away, when I look behind me I saw a cab pass by; Minji is inside. I let out a deep breath and scratch my not itchy head.

Excuse me

I turn around and see Taehyun's mom and him, I didn't expect her to join Taehyun. I really asked him to be alone because its pretty private for Minji to talk about her past.

Beomgyu: Oh aunty, hi?

She frowns and Taehyun clear his throat before talking.

Taehyun: Mom, this is Beomgyu

Jiwon: The one who look after you?

Beomgyu: Yes I am the one who take care of him

She smiles and nod slightly before speaking.

Jiwon: Anyway, do you saw a girl with blue shirt walk out from this cafe?

Beomgyu: Did you mean Minji?

Jiwon: Ah yes...

Beomgyu: Can we talk more at where I live? Its nearby, no worries

Jiwon: Sure

When we reach home, Minji was sleeping with tears already. Ryujin was there to look after her at her room.

I will just stay at the living room with Taehyun and his mother to talk more about Minji.

Beomgyu: If you don't mind, I want to know more about Minji from you since you are her biological mother

She nods and Taehyun just remain silence and watch.

Jiwon: Minji, she's such a cute baby... but sadly her father don't want to be responsible... I accept her, until Taehyun's  father came into my life and we fell in love but I'm embarrassed about the fact that I kept a kid out of wedlock in my house

She start to tear up and Taehyun was about to stop her from saying anything further; only for his mom to tell him it's okay and she will continue.

Jiwon: I lock her at the basement when she's still young and can barely talk and walk, I'm afraid that if my husband find out, he might file a divorce with me...

Her gaze changed to Taehyun now, slowy her hands reach the boy's cheeks; caressing it gently with a smile on her face.

Jiwon: Then Taehyun was born, I feel so happy that time! But then my husband passed away when he is on his way to see Jeongin... I treat both of Jeongin and Minji differently, while we ate delicous food, I only fed Minji a bottle of banana milk and a bun

Taehyun: So its was Minji down there when I heard someone crying, calling for help?

Jiwon nods as she cry harder.

Jiwon: One day, I was ambushed by the police and they found Minji, it was dark down there and when they bring her out I can see how skinny she is... I feel bad and I realize that I should take care of her like how I did to Taehyun.. She's my daughter after all

Beomgyu: Did you know that your actions cause Minji to suffer until this day?

Jiwon: What do you mean by she is suffering?

Beomgyu: She's having Monophobia, which means she can't be alone at any time. She's also afraid of dark, it was pretty normal to other people but Minji would scream and faint right away

Her jaw drops and she immedietly covers her face while crying. Taehyun who was starting to tear up hugs his mom as tight as he could. Who could even predict this thing would happen.

Jiwon: Taehyun, I'm sorry that I raise your sister awfully...

Taehyun: I won't blame you but you should've tell me earlier that I has a sister... I always wish to have siblings! To be exact, I always wish I have an older sister

Taehyun growls with tears rolling down after one another. The sound of door knob turning make me look behind and stand up to see the girl that were standing with surprised expression exactly printed on her face; it was Minji.

Minji: W-what are you doing here? Please leave!

She half shouted as she points at her mom. Jiwon walk over to her but Minji slowly walk backwards.

Third person POV

Jiwon slowly raises her hand to reach Minji's face; cupping it. Minji cries harder, her mother's touch make her heart flutters but hurting her in the same time.

Jiwon: I'm sorry that I was being unfair to you... both of you are my kids but I raise each of you differently

Deep down Jiwon realize that if she didn't do such mean things to Minji, she would have such a beautiful life with her family.

Jiwon: Minji, please forgive me and I hope you will be fine soon

Minji: Because of you, my life has turned upside down! I can't even go back to my life before I know you or after I know you!

Jiwon: I'm sorry sweetie, if only I know what would happen to you... I won't treat you like that

Jiwon's thumb caress Minji's cheeks, in the same time wiping off her tears.

Minji: I never feel your touch... this touch, for 20 years

Jiwon: I wish I was wise enough that time

A hug that makes the past an acent history. The new book is starting and eventually ended the previous one.

After apologizing and things, Jiwon and Taehyun decided to leave and give Minji time to recover.

Taehyun: As behalf of my parents, we would like to apologize one more time... We wish you to live normally and peacefully after this

He hug his sister tight, he always dream to have at least one sibling and now he found out he actually has one.

He wanted to tear up once again but Minji's smile comforts him deeply. They were about to walk but Beomgyu stop them and stand right infront of Jiwon.

Beomgyu: Wait!

Slowly he purses his lips together; nervous as ever since he is now facing his girlfriend's mother.

Beomgyu: I'm actually Minji's boyfriend and I would like to ask if I could-

Jiwon: The way you handle this thing, your effort to make Minji's life back to normal... I know you are a good man, so please take care of her...

Two warm smile makes the day a bit brighter, Taehyun and Minji who was staring at them now look at each other. Taehyun playfully raises his eyebrow to his sister, giving hints.

Minji: Soon... we are still studying

Both of the siblings smiles and Taehyun make his step further from his sister since they need to get home.

Jiwon: Also feel free to come to us, Minji... Your brother want to know more about his sister

They wave at each other; for the first time, Minji feels a calm goodbye. A good bye that leads to new begining.

Beomgyu: Do you feel better?

Minji: Very

Beomgyu: Glad you do...

Beomgyu hold Minji closer to him, he won't let go his love. His first love! The sun is setting and yet both of them stay in their position, holding each other's arm. The knot that were locking Minji finally loosen.