How to explain a war

"Well I guess we should start out by saying we are from the future." Naruto stated.

   "Th-that's not possible." Kakashi stuttered as everyone had a shocked look on their faces.

   "Right now it's not, but my friend Sasuke was able to do it. Right before he died he sent me and Hinata to the past, so that we can fix the war before it started. I think the best way to do that is to explain how the war began, and what happened during it. I won't explain all of it because it is a really long story, but I will explain everything that is necessary." Naruto said.

"I think it's safe to assume that your girlfriend is our daughter." Hinata's mom smiled.

"Yes I am." Hinata replied.

"And she's not my girlfriend, she's my wife!" Naruto grinned proudly.

"I'm Hinata Uzumaki." Hinata introduced herself.

"And I'm Naruto Namikaze-Uzumaki ya know!" Naruto said going back to his old catch phrase.

"Congratulations sensei." Kakashi congratulated as Kushina congratulated Hiashi and his wife.

"I should probably get on with the story." Naruto sighed. "Do you guys know Madara Uchiha?"

"Of course, but what does he have to do with anything? He died a long time ago." Kushina asked.

"He should have died a long time ago, but he didn't. He's alive and is the reason for the fourth ninja war. In a few months from now you guys will get a mission for Kanabi bridge. It will be one of the reasons why the hidden leaf won the war.

   "Dad kills over a thousand men (Sorry if it's wrong I don't actually know how many he killed, just that it's a lot). Kakashi is put in charge of Obito and Rin. Rin gets captured and Obito goes after her forcing Kakashi to go too. They save Rin but the cave Rin was held in collapses and Kakashi loses his eye. He almost gets crushed by a boulder but Obito saves him getting crushed instead. He gave his sharingan to Kakashi and made him promise to take care of Rin. They then had to leave him behind. That's when Kakashi learned that you never leave a comrade behind.

"I'll never forget right after the bell test Kakashi-sensei took my team to the KIA monument. He told us that some of his closest friends were written on there. He then told my team 'those who break the rules are scum, but those who leave their comrades behind are worse than scum.' I've lived by that ever since." Naruto smiled sadly. Hinata could tell how much he missed his sensei and kissed his cheek.

"I-I became your sensei?" Kakashi asked.

"Good job Kakashi. It sounds like you become an amazing sensei." Kushina gave a soft smile upset that Obito 'dies'. Minato patted his shoulder happy that his student teaches his son. He was also trying not to cry at the fact that Obito 'dies'.

"So Obito dies." Minato gulped.

"Actually no." This made everyone's head shoot up looking at Naruto. "Madara found him and saved his life. Madara was slowly turning him dark. He would follow Kakashi and Rin on missions not letting them know. On one mission Rin got kidnapped and her kidnappers made her the jinchūriki of the three tails. They purposely messed up the seal so that the three tails would escape when she came back to the village. When they got attacked Kakashi used his chidori to attack the enemies but Rin jumped in the way so that she wouldn't be the cause of the villages destruction. Kakashi passed out after that and Obito went crazy and killed the enemies. He's always right by Madara in the war." Naruto shook his head.

"Obito? Our Obito?" Kakashi gawked.

"That can't be right." Kushina shook her head not understanding how he could possibly turn that dark.

"The main reason why I wanted Kakashi in here was because I wanted to warn him." Naruto's eyes started to fill with tears.

"Warn me? About what?" Kakashi asked.

"Two years after you are named 6th Hokage you and Obito fight. While you are trying to convince him that what he is doing is wrong, and Rin wouldn't want this he uses a clone that uses chidori to kill you. In case we can't change the future at least you might be able to live." Naruto said. He was grateful that he didn't completely break down in front of everyone. He guessed it came in handy having to be strong for everyone as the 7th Hokage.

"Kakashi, until then you played a huge roll in the war. You were one of our strongest fighters." Naruto told him.

   "So then that's how the war began?" Hiashi asked.

"That's only half of it." Naruto answered. "Obito used a group called the Akatsuki. They went around collecting tailed beasts. They wanted world peace, but they were doing it all wrong. Their leader, Pain, flattened the entire hidden leaf village. The Akatsuki were all so strong. Even with all their strength they were still just tools to Madara." Naruto glared at the ground and gripped Hinata tighter.

"How strong are we talking about?" Hiashi asked.

"Just one of them can wipe out the entire Uchiha clan in one night at the age of 13. And yes he actually did that. And the leader flattened, literally flattened, the entire village with only one jutsu." Naruto said.

"The entire Uchiha clan?" Minato gulped.

"The only surviver was his little brother. I'm not going to go all into detail here but he did it for the village. He was actually a good guy, but he was (the sexiest one) one of the stronger ones but not the strongest one. Another one is/was (?) immortal. So yeah, pretty strong." Naruto said.

   "And their part of the reason why the war began?" Hinata's mom asked.

   "Yeah, they've killed so many of our comrades. So many dead at their hands. We managed to kill them in the beginning of the war, but it was too late for many." Naruto had a few tears slip down his face.

   Hinata, who had tried to stay strong in the beginning for her husband, was full on sobbing now. The more she thought about all the friends she lost, the more she cried. Shino, Kiba, Neji, Kurenai, Sakura... the list just went on.

   "How long was the war?" Kakashi asked scared of the answer.

   "A little over 4 years." Hinata answered staring at the ground.

   "How old are you guys?" Minato asked.

   "About 20." Naruto answered.

   "So you guys were 16 when it started." Hinata's mom frowned.

   "No. It started way before then. It started years before anyone saw it coming. You could say it started when Obito was found by Madara. It might have began when Rin was made a jinchūriki and was killed. We don't know when it started for sure, but we do know that we can change it now. We will change it. Our friends will not have died in vain. I promised to bring an end to this war and I never go back on my word. That's my ninja way!" Naruto's words warmed everyone's hearts. Minato and Kushina didn't know it was possible, but they just became even more proud of their son.

Word Count: 1224