Babies

"What do you mean her water broke? We still have three weeks until the due date. We're not ready yet." Naruto was too panicked to think clearly.

   "Naruto, right now Hinata needs you. She's giving birth to your child and needs your support. This is definitely a shock, but she's facing that shock right now too. And she really needs her husband." Kushina's voice was much calmer than it was before.

"Right, right, you're right." Naruto bolted to the hospital running in not the straightest line because of the alcohol.

   "How much did you guys drink?" Kushina questioned.

   "Not too much." Minato quickly attempted to defend himself, but one look at Naruto said otherwise.

"You two can sober up at the hospital. Naruto!" Kushina chucked a bottle of water at him. Naruto caught it with his face and decided, for some random reason, to hit the ground.

   "Ha! Dumbass!" Kurama laughed.

   "I hate you, you stupid fox!" Naruto glared at what seemed like nothing, but he and Kurama knew who that glare was for. It only made Kurama laugh harder.

Hiashi and Minato looked at each other before laughing their asses off. Kushina let out a snort before getting serious again and helping Naruto stand up and drink his water.

   "Will you be joining us?" Hiashi asked Jiraiya.

"Who wouldn't want to be part of the miracle of life." Jiraiya followed them.

———

Turns out the miracle of life is really gross. Jiraiya had no idea how Tsunade and Orochimaru dealt with that stuff. It was nasty. He, along with everyone else aside from Naruto, was forced out of the room when the birthing process began, and he was so thankful.

Naruto was panicked, excited, surprised, and really tempted to use a shadow clone for his wife to hold on to. He decided against it because there was a literal human being coming out of his wife, so a really injured hand was something he could deal with to support his wife. As for the panic and excitement he was feeling, well I'm sure you know why he was feeling those. As for the surprise, well their doctor checking on Hinata before she was in labour, was an idiot. Why, you might ask? Just keep reading.

"Very good. You just gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Now, you just have one more to go." The doctor said over the crying.

"One more?! I thought we just had a daughter!" Naruto and Hinata looked at the doctor.

"No, you have another child. A son. Did your previous doctor not tell you?" The current doctor asked.

"No!" Naruto yelled. Hinata just groaned and cried.

"Let's just get this over with." Hinata cried. A few pushes later, a boy popped out of Hinata. "Why... why isn't... he... crying?" Hinata sounded so weak as she slipped out of consciousness.

"What's wrong with him? And... and Hinata! Something's wrong with Hinata!" Naruto shouted.

"Bethany-"

"On it! Sir, you have to leave now. We'll do our best, but we can't do that with you in here." A nurse ushered Naruto out. He was in too much fear to resist. The sight of Hinata's still chest, not rising and falling like the pattern he had memorized while she was sleeping on many nights, had scared him too much to resist or even think clearly.

   Naruto was forced back into the waiting room with his family plus Jiraiya, Kakashi, Rin, and Obito. They were all crowded around him asking questions, but Naruto couldn't hear them. Even if he could hear them, he couldn't think straight and wouldn't be able to answer them. He walked over to a wall, slid down it, curled into a ball, covered his ears with his hands, and failed miserably at trying to ignore the nightmare that was coming true.

   Naruto couldn't stop the thoughts that came to him. He couldn't help the memories of his nightmares that kept coming back to him. He couldn't help the tears that escaped his eyes. He couldn't help but worry about his wife and son. Naruto couldn't stop what was going on inside his head no matter how hard he tried.

   Memories of his nightmares flooded his mind and there was nothing stopping it. Naruto had to rewatch all of the ways he had seen her die in his nightmares. Most of them was during the war, but some of them was if there was no war. It started out happy, but he eventually had to see her die. It was torture and nothing could stop it.

One look at Naruto, and you could tell Hinata wasn't in good shape. Everyone had decided to back off on the questions to give Naruto some room. They all knew, aside from Jiraiya, that Hinata was the only good thing left in Naruto's life. Everyone he ever loved, was dead. They all knew the impact Hinata's death would have on Naruto. So, for Naruto's mental health and of course Hinata being able to meet her children, they hoped with all their might, Hinata survived.