How is this going to work

Naruto and Hinata woke up due to the sun shining in their eyes. They grunted and groaned slowly opening their eyes. At first they were alarmed because they didn't recognize their surroundings. Then, once they remembered what happened, they nearly cried tears of joy (but they were still too tired). In hope that had been gone for quite some time.

   "Remind me to buy some curtains." Naruto yawned.

Hinata started the coffee as Naruto started the shower. They got ready for the day. Hinata started on breakfast as Naruto watched her.

"Is that a new shirt?" Naruto asked.

"About time you noticed." Kurama commented.

"Yeah, do you like it?" Hinata turned around so he could read the words.

Naruto froze. How on earth could he not have noticed? As clear as day were three words on her pink shirt 'WORLDS BEST MOMMY'' with the word mommy in glitter.

"So?" Hinata asked waiting for his answer.

"I love it!" Naruto exclaimed once it finally clicked that Hinata is pregnant. He twirled her around and kissed her.

"I got you one too. It's on the couch." Hinata said.

"Am I a mommy too?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"You dork." Hinata laughed.

Naruto put on a pout before putting on the shirt. This shirt was blue and had the words 'WORLDS BEST DADDY' on it. Naruto had the biggest goofiest grin as he walked back into the kitchen.

   "Wait!" Naruto lost his grin and started panicking. "How is this going to work?! If he's born here th-"

   "How do you know the baby is a he?" Hinata asked.

   "Because I'm his father." Naruto stated with all the seriousness in the world.

   "And I'm the mother." Hinata smiled. Naruto and Hinata smiled at each other before Naruto started to panic again.

   "If he's born here then how is this going to work? When we go back to our time will he stay here? Will our son be older than us?" Naruto ranted.

   "Our child is part of our time line. He was conceived in our time period so he travelled back with us. Everything is going to work out. I promise." Hinata kissed him lightly before going back to cooking.

"I'm in love with that woman." Naruto sighed in awe.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Naruto checked who it was but not before seeing the smile on Hinata's face. He opened the door to reveal Hinata's parents, his parents and Minato's team. Though it looked like Kakashi was forced to come.

   "Happy birthday Naruto." Kushina said as she wrapped him in a hug.

   "Happy birthday son." Minato smiled.

   "Happy birthday." Hiashi and Kakashi muttered. They were both forced to go.

   "Happy Birthday!" HM, Rin and Obito yelled with excitement. Obito probably had the most excitement in his voice because it's Obito.

Hinata finished breakfast and made her way over to her husband. She kissed his cheek and grabbed his hand. "Happy birthday honey."

"You did this?" Naruto asked. He knew the answer even without her nod. His eyes and voice was full of gratefulness. This is a birthday he had always wanted. A birthday with his parents, wife, friends, no war, and none of the drunk villagers that wouldn't do any physical harm, but would glare with more hate and sometimes call him harsh names. Though there was one case with a really drunk villager that had slapped him around a bit, but it went away the next day and it wasn't too serious. Kakashi stepped in and scared the villager away (restraining the urge to kill him) then let Hiruzen take care of it.

"Thank you." Naruto smiled. "All of you."

————

"Cake is here!" Obito shouted coming in through the front door as Kakashi brought in the cake. Obito had insisted on going out, and using Minato's money to buy the cake. Of course no one trusted him to bring the cake back in one piece, so they elected Kakashi to supervise him.

   "As much as I wish I could stay, we have to go. There's a clan meeting that we have to attend." HM said. She then hugged her future daughter and son-in-law goodbye and left with Hiashi.

   Once they left everyone sat and talked. Naruto and Hinata told stories of before the war. How Sasuke left the village, so Hinata, Naruto, Kiba and Shino searched for a bug to find Sasuke, but Naruto ended up blowing it. Other stories like that.

   Minato and Kushina shared memories of when they first got together, Minato and his team meeting each other for the first time, and random light hearted memories.

   Minato frowned and sighed. "As much as I don't want to ask this, especially because I'm afraid it will ruin the mood, when is the Kannabi bridge mission?"

   "I don't know the exact date, but I know it's shortly after Kakashi-sensei gets promoted to Jounin." Naruto answered. "I think the best plan of action is to have dad do what he did in my timeline and to have me lead you three. I should be able to protect Rin from being kidnapped which should save Obito from Madara."

"But that was only three days ago." Kakashi muttered in shock. The mission was going to happen soon, and he did not like it.

   "Good, because I don't want Rin to die." Obito sighed in relief.

   "Just because your saved doesn't mean Rin will live. She will have a better chance at living with you there but it's not definite. I'll probably have to accompany you guys on that mission as well." Naruto said.

   "And where will I be in all this?" Hinata asked.

   "With my mom and your parents. There's no way on earth I am letting you go on a dangerous mission. That baby has already gone through enough in our time period. You need to rest and eat plenty." Naruto said.

   "I guess that's true. I've got to keep our child safe."  Hinata smiled.

   Minato and Kushina smiled proudly at their son. He was so excited and protective of his child when he hasn't even known about it for 24 hours.

   Of course this was only the beginning of their story. Next time on Dragon Ball... whoops wrong anime. Next time on To the Past We Go will be an exciting new episo- chapter featuring the beginning of Kannabi bridge.

————

Ok so maybe I woke up saw someone say "happy birthday Naruto" and just did a chapter kinda about his birthday so it's mentioned and because I had no other ideas. Totally made this entire chapter up at like 7:00 this morning and wasn't able to type it out until late tonight. Love you all thanks for reading. Please tell me what you like and don't like about this chapter.

Word Count: 1142