When Death Came Knocking On His Door

As it turns out, death itself could stop a determined Naruto. I mean, it was the sixth day into his week of death and they had no clue about how to fix him. He was sweating and cold and had a fever and was absolutely miserable.

Naruto was stumbling out of bed and making his way to the living room where he knew his parents were. He was leaning on the wall for supporting seeing as his legs kept shaking and would definitely fall if he placed all his weight on them.

    "Good morning, Naru- Naruto!" Kushina yelled once Naruto made it to the living room. Minato jerked his head to the side to see a messy looking Naruto. It was really just a blob of misery with blonde hair.

   "Go back to bed and rest." Minato ordered as he allowed Baruto to lean on him and Kushina.

"This isn't something I can sleep off. I know these symptoms and tomorrow morning, I'll be dead." Naruto did that groan you do when sick.

"I- are you sure?" Kushina's voice cracked.

"Positive, but I need your help with something." Naruto's head lolled to the side.

"What is it?" Minato asked.

"I need you to seal Kurama inside Himawari (we're gonna pretend that won't kill an infant for plot. Also Himawari's a badass so she could probably take it anyway). He asked for this. Says he gets lonely all by himself. Plus, I get the feeling she can take it. I just know she can do it." Naruto said.

   "Having one of the tailed beasts taken out of you will kill you." Kushina stated.

"I'm going to die either way. Besides, trust me when I say it's much less painful than if I die from this." Naruto was placed on the rocking chair in the nursery. "Use the iron Armour seal."

   'Guide them on the right path. Help them and protect them how you protected me and my friends.'

   "Knowing you, they'll definitely need it." Kurama would never admit it, but he was going to miss Naruto. He didn't like that Naruto was dying.

Kushina drew the seal on Himawari's stomach. She looked hesitantly at Naruto before starting. Maybe she started out crying a little at the beginning. And maybe it turned into full sobs near the end. And maybe Minato joined in on the crying. Could you blame them though? It hurt. It hurt killing your son. Knowing that your actions are saving him from a much worse fate, but also knowing that your actions are killing him.

   The process left Naruto extremely weak and with an odd feeling. He had never been without Kurama. It was weird not having him sealed inside of him. It just didn't feel right.

   "I want to hold them one more time." Minato and Kushina placed both of them on Naruto. Naruto held them in silence wanting to enjoy the silence and simply hold them. Feeling their warmth and how peaceful they were was enough to put a smile on his face.

"You guys will do amazing things, I know you will. I'll always be by your side." Naruto kissed their heads before letting Minato and Kushina place them in their cribs. "Thank you guys, for everything." Then he died.

Minato and Kushina broke down. They were both on the floor crying like children. They imagined this must've been what HM and Hiashi felt like. It was awful. HM, Hiashi, Minato, and Kushina all had the horrible feeling of losing a child before they even had it.

   Minato sent out a toad delivering the message to Rin, Obito, Kakashi, HM, and Hiashi. It only took about five minutes for everyone to arrive at their house. They all knew Naruto wasn't in best health. And as time went on and they weren't even close to having an idea on how to get a cure, they knew the possibility of Naruto dying was getting greater and greater, but it still didn't feel right. They still weren't prepared for him to leave. And now he's dead?