Kicks and giggles

"Naruto." Hinata poked.

"Mmmmm... five more minutes." Naruto covered his ears with his pillow.

"We're going to be late. I've already let you sleep in as much as you could." Hinata gently lifted the pillow off his face.

"Noooooo." Naruto whined.

"You know how my father hates tardiness." Hinata warned.

"This whole having to make your father like me all over again thing is really exhausting." Naruto threw his pillow at the wall and accidentally hit a picture. He groaned in annoyance at the fact that he was going to have to clean that up later.

"I went shopping the other day. I bought you some clothes from my father's favorite store and some clothes I think he'll like." Hinata said.

"What about your mom? Is there anything I can do that she'll like me for?" Naruto asked.

"My mom already loves you almost as much as I do so our main focus is father. Though she'll still appreciate some flowers. Actually I think that would help father warm up to you faster." Hinata said.

"We can stop by the flower shop on our way there." Naruto yawned then stretched. He took a shower and put on the clothes Hinata bought.

———

   "Tell me all about yourselves. I want to hear what your life was like." HM smiled.

Naruto and Hinata knew she meant life before the war. She wanted to hear about when they were happy and still dumb teenagers who lived in a peaceful time, or peaceful compared to their brutal war.

   Hinata mostly spoke, but when Naruto did talk, he mostly bragged about Hinata. Naruto was happy listening to Hinata talk with her long dead mother and shortly dead father. He placed his head on Hinata's lap which he barely had any room because the baby was hogging all the room, so his head was pressed against her stomach. Naruto didn't mind though, he was just happy being by the live of his life.

Hinata was playing with Naruto's hair, thrilled to be talking to her parents, who she greatly missed. Both her and Naruto were listening to her father speak when there was movement in her tum tum. Naruto shot up from Hinata's lap, barely missing her head, and grinned.

"Did you feel that?" Naruto asked and Hinata nodded. They were both giggling like Ino and Sakura when Sasuke would look at them back in the academy. Naruto placed a hand on Hinata's stomach.

Their loud and sudden change in behavior earned them strange looks from Hinata's parents. Realizing they weren't the only ones in the room, Hinata told them what happened.

"The baby kicked." She squealed. HM broke into a huge grin and made her way over to the happy parents. Hiashi smiled a bit and calmly walked over towards his wife, future daughter, and son-in-law.

   They were all huddled around the baby with excitement waiting for it to kick again as they all had a hand on her stomach. After a few seconds, the baby kicked again. Hinata, HM, and Naruto squealed with joy while Hiashi's face lit up.

   "You found out the gender of the baby, right?" HM asked.

   "Yeah, the reveal party is this Sunday. We had to make it soon because someone," Hinata glanced at Naruto, "keeps nearly telling everyone the gender." 

   "I can't help it! I'm just so excited for h-" Hinata placed a hand over his mouth so he didn't spill the beans.

   "We should probably leave now. Thanks for having us over and we'll see you on Sunday." Hinata waved and dragged Naruto by the face to the door.

   "Mvmmm nhgfcbjj!!!" Naruto yelled through Hinata's hand that was still around his mouth. Sighing, or making strange noises from behind Hinata's hand, Naruto waved goodbye.

   "I like him. He seems like a good guy." HM smiled.

   "He's annoyingly loud and far too energetic. I don't understand how she could possibly love him like she does." Hiashi shook his head.

   "She's happy and it's obvious he treats her well, and that's all that matters." HM reminded Hiashi with a smile.

   "I suppose you're right." Hiashi sighed before slightly smiling at his wife. He remembered how her father greatly disliked him.

   "Sir, the elders are waiting for you to start the meeting." Some Hyuga informed Hiashi.

   "Shit, that was today?" Hiashi cursed causing his wife to laugh.

———

So that sucked and was short and I'm really sorry for that. I was torn between making a good chapter or writing crappy chapter about Hinata's parents. As you can see, I chose the second option. I was starting to feel bad because I'm sure they would want a chapter about themselves instead of having no chapters about them because it's mainly about Naruto, Hinata, Kushina, and Minato. I mean they deserve credit too. They deserve to have some attention too.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm pretty sure the next chapter will be better and longer so bye bye.