Waltzing down memory lane

"Yes lord Hokage?" Inoichi asked.

"I need you to take a look at that guys memories." Hiruzen ordered pointing to Naruto who simply waved at Inoichi. "He's from the future and came back to stop his war before it happens. The war in his time basically ends all life."

"Huh?" Inoichi asked certain he heard his Hokage wrong.

"He's from the future. I know it's hard to believe but he has proof. I need you to look through his memories. There are important memories that he says we need to know, but he can't tell us without falling apart." Hiruzen explained.

   "I get why Inoichi is here, but why am I here?" Shikaku asked.

   "You're the smartest person I know, I've got a killer headache from this mess, and I'm needing some opinions." Hiruzen said. "Inoichi when you look into his memories could you take us with you?" Hiruzen pointed to Shikaku, Minato, Kushina and himself.

   "And Kakashi. He needs to be there too." Naruto added.

   "That's a lot of people, but it seems doable. I probably won't be able to find the memory instantly because there's not a specific memory. I might come across other memories too." Inoichi warned.

Naruto hesitated for a second before replying. "That's fine." His mom already knew she was dead in the future, but she didn't know when she died, and Naruto didn't want her to. He didn't want her to find out when she died. As for his dad, Minato didn't even know he dies in the future. He was fairly certain that whatever memory they came across would tell Kushina and Minato that they were dead since the day Naruto was born.

Naruto's hesitation didn't go unnoticed by his parents. They looked at each other sharing a concerned look.

"Ok. Mind memory jutsu thingy that the author doesn't want to name/look up." Inoichi did the jutsu and everyone's subconsciousness was transferred over to Naruto's brain.

Instantly there was a memory awaiting them in his mind. Naruto cringed remembering which memory it was.

A young Naruto was sitting on his counter in his apartment. Standing next to him was an old third Hokage.

   "Here is your monthly allowance." Memory Hiruzen said handing Naruto some money.

   "What were my parents like? I'm not talking about how they died in the Kyuubi attack. I wanna know what they were like. What were their names?" Memory Naruto asked.

   "Parents?" Minato asked emphasizing the s. "As in plural?"

   "Ugh... surprise?" Naruto said.

   "How did this happen?" Kushina asked.

   "When I was born someone attacked me, so when dad saved me he was separated from mom. When that happened he extracted the Kyuubi from mom, and used it to attack the village. While the Kyuubi was attacking the village mom helped dad slow him down. Dad sealed the Kyuubi in me but the Kyuubi realized what was going on and attacked me. Mom and dad got in the way and saved me." Naruto explained.

   "So you were an orphan since birth. You didn't even know us." Kushina frowned.

"Then why weren't you at the orphanage? It looked like you were living alone?" Minato asked.

"I got kicked out of the orphanage when I was 4 or 5." Naruto answered.

"Why didn't anyone take you in?" Inoichi asked.

"Everyone of my parents friends already had a kid. They didn't want another one, it was just too much responsibility. Especially because I was the 'demon brat' and everyone was just looking out for their family. They didn't want their kids to suffer." Naruto replied.